Why won’t my diy co2 work?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Pearl weed, ludwigia, dwarf hairgrass, cabomba, rotala, crypt. They are on for 7 hours a day on a timer. Just planted about 3 days ago.
I suggest bumping the light up to 12-14 hours a day. I keep mine in for 14 hours a day and my plants are beautiful. I don’t even have to use ferts.

I suggest bumping the light up to 12-14 hours a day. I keep mine in for 14 hours a day and my plants are beautiful. I don’t even have to use ferts.
I bought the co2 stuff before I planted the tank so I’m going to use it. My question is why it’s not working

I bought the co2 stuff before I planted the tank so I’m going to use it. My question is why it’s not working
It could just be human error. YouTube how to properly set one up.

I thought most people use sugar and yeast to make CO2 ????

When I googled DIY CO2 all I got was yeast & sugar.

I've never used CO2 from any source but google throws up a lot of hits on how to do it.

Wondered how you got on? Ive got some citric acid and bicarb turning up tomorrow.
The difference with this setup opposed to the yeast and sugar one, (if you have the setup where a tube allows mixture from one bottle to enter the other), is that the whole system works to an equilibrium and there should be minimal intervention once setup. Also, a big bonus is that it can be shut off at night with no build up in pressure unlike the relentless reaction in yeast and sugar system.

Wondered how you got on? Ive got some citric acid and bicarb turning up tomorrow.
The difference with this setup opposed to the yeast and sugar one, (if you have the setup where a tube allows mixture from one bottle to enter the other), is that the whole system works to an equilibrium and there should be minimal intervention once setup. Also, a big bonus is that it can be shut off at night with no build up in pressure unlike the relentless reaction in yeast and sugar system.
I switched to pressurized

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back