Why Has My Plant Gone Like This?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

monahan95

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I recently purchased this plant from my local fish store, when I got the plant it was in beautiful condition with nice green leaves, however, over the course of 4 days it now looks like this (the picture attached) can anyone tell me why this might be? I have noticed my pleco taking a keen interest in it, could he be eating it or could i be doing something wrong with the care of the plant? Any help is much appreciated
smile.png

Attachments

• IMG_0497.jpg
    IMG_0497.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 443
Looks like a sword with emmersed leaves. They'll melt away, which is why the plec likes them, and then you should get regrowth of submerged leaves.

DrRob said:
Looks like a sword with emmersed leaves. They'll melt away, which is why the plec likes them, and then you should get regrowth of submerged leaves.

Thanks Rob, so basically this is normal and the plant will regrow with nice new green leaves? :)

Yes. It's pretty stressful for plants to be moved, just like it is for fish (Plants just take longer to display signs) 

All as above.
Clear leaves indicates a lack of carbon - in a new plant where it's been grown out of the water the leaf will be setup for atmospheric CO2 (400ppm ish is it?) in your tank it will struggle to breath underwater  - dies - and comes back reconfigured to your tank........roughly.

The most picky of them all - crypts - move them from one side of the tank to another...."crypt melt"

Thanks for all the help, would i just be better chopping off the leaves and leave them to grow back?

monahan95 said:
Thanks for all the help, would i just be better chopping off the leaves and leave them to grow back?
Yes m8 - The old leaves will never recover.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back