Who's Watching The Olympics?

I haven't been able to watch as much as I'd have liked this year, but I'm rooting for the USA. My favorite events are hockey (mens and womens), all alpine ski events (I've never downhilled in my life, but love to watch it), ski jump, and for some strange reason, the luge and bobsledding (I so want to learn to luge, I'm strange, but you knew that already).

I so wanted to see the USA Men's Hockey vs Russia!!! That would have been a great game, even if we did lose.

I am of course routing for UK, i like the skeleton bob and ice dancing. All the girly ones basically. I hate curling, sooooooooooooooo boring.YAWN. :grr:

MAM... why stop at luge? Have you been watching the skeleton?? CRAZY!! :S A few years ago I was in Innsbruck I got to go down the men's bobsled run.. talk about a wild ride :)

I agree with those who like the winter olympics best. I LOVE the ski jumps, snow boarding, hockey, speed skating, figure skating :) Plus, this is the one where my country excels the most..which makes it so much more fun to watch :D

I watch whatever sport is on, except figure skating; I've just never liked it. I'm not saying it's not hard, but the sports I like watching usually involved being timed - who's the fastest, or head-to-head competition with goals. So far, Super G, luge, bobsledding and hockey have been fun for me to watch. I agree with Seidge, curling is boring. I've been calling it "shuffleboard on ice".

Also, I really don't root for my country anymore like I did 20 years ago when I was a kid. I think whoever wins deserves to.

Yesterday was great. Sasha Cohen is amazing, taking First Place was a shining moment for her and probably the first sincere smile I've ever seen on her face.

Have you been watching the skeleton?? CRAZY!!
Talk about crazy, did you see that pregnant chick on the Skeleton? Granted she was only two months along and you're not supposed to stop doing your regular activities, but sliding on your belly on ice at a kajillion miles per hour, I mean, come on!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back