Whoops! Think I Got A Bit Carried Away!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Tetra-Chris

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Well, I got in from work tonight, had a real rubbish day and needed to take my mind off of things so I thought I'd give my 180 litre a bit of a clean out. 3 hours later I have a box of plants and a bare tank, I think I got a little carried away!

Time for a re-scape me thinks!

Funnily enough... I am currently playing with my wood under water!

Right - as we all have a sick fetish for tank photos, I suppose this could be the start of ANOTHER journal!

This tank WAS injected with CO2, with ferts, and all that jazz... I just want it to be simple! Got my Nanos to keep me busy! Low tech, low maintenance, just looking pretty...

So, as it was:

NewTank6.jpg

And as it is currently:

P1020630.jpg

Have no idea what to do with my wood, was thinking going for a triangle scape, but I'm not sure, I do like natural looks, but I fancy a change... Suggestions? Close up of how I have it placed at the minute:

P1020631.jpg

And the final picture, is of my poor plants!!!

P1020629.jpg

Will they be alright in there for a day or 2 with no heater etc, or am i best off putting them outside to keep warm and catch a few rays? In there we have:

Lots of Crypts of all kinds of flavours
Amazon Swords
Echinodorus Red Rubens
Echinodorus Ozelot Red
Echinodorus Tenellus
Aponogeton Natans
Java Moss
Anubias Nana Bonsai

Right, enough typing... Inspiration please!!!

A triangle scape is deff possible with the wood, or check out low tech 140L in the journals, your wood could creat something similar

Or i can see if you split the wood up you could do an iwagumi-ish (obviously no rocks) but with the wood in two places, looks like both parts of the upright wood could look nice next to each other pointing the same way

Thanks minnt - when I have the tank up and running again I'll take a close up with the SLR, he's the nicest one I've had, was gutted when I lost the partner (was a breeding pair) in the Juwel seal leak saga - about 3 years old now if not older - got a lovely bit of blue in him too!

Thanks for the input Kane - have an iwagumi ish thing going on in one of my nanos so fancy something a bit different. Struggling for inspiration, theyre lovely bits of wood but i'm struggling this evening...

Let's hope for another bad day at work so i'm motivated to crack on with it (and a sympathetic wife that will let me get on with it!)

Maybe if I just shut my eyes and move them around a bit and see what happens??

Update - no progress! How's that for an update! Still have a bare tank - got the promised bad day at work but a massive headache has come with it so I'm gonna have a night off and reflect...

Still need to get this blooming hardscape sorted!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

No members online now.
Back