White stuff on betta's lips!!!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

mlee0332

Fish Addict
Reaction score
I put salt in his tank last night before I went to bed to treat a torn tail...

WHen I put it in there he attacked it, and I thought he prolly would get burned, but does it turn white???

Please dont tell me its columnaris!!!!!!

He floats at the top of the water with his mouth out of it, but other than that he acts like he's fine... What's goin' on?

It mustn't be cloumnaris then... It looks like a food flake wrapped around his lips... Its not fuzzy at all, and he acts like it dont bother him other than he keeps it out of the water alot... What are my treatment options...

I dont want to lose yet another betta... I have such rotten luck with them... I lost 2 to tail rot (which he has :/ I think...)

Mouth fungus looks like cotton, or cotton wool on the mouth, is he eating, could he of burnt his mouth on the heater.

Did you stir the salt up in a bucket of water before you added it to his tank, and how much salt did you add.

as i'm thinking if some salt has fallen to the bottom of the tank and he's put his mouth in it, it might of burn't his mouth.

I just put in a pinch and I layed it on the bottom, and I think he ate it... So is that all it is?

It is coincidence...

I threw food in just now, hes not eatung it yet...

im guessing he tried to eat the salt... freckles tried to do that then he learned his lesson after he had a similar problem to yours!

all the white is gone on his bottom lip and is now on his face!!! Is it columnaris!!! It's moving...

should Isee whats up tomorrow, or treat now??? I hope hes alright... :(

the fungus is coming off of his face :) BUT hes on his side... Is it too late for him??? :-(

Is mela fix an antibacterial that will help... If so can I add one tenth of a teaspoon :crazy: to his water along with his salt..

AHHH YES!!! HE just went flying around his tank and mostly ALL of it came off!!! IS THAT GOOD???? YAYAYAYAYA!!!!

He's not swimming right tho...

Melafix is no good for columnaris you will need salt and antibiotic treatment, and lots of salt baths, good luck, but if he's on his side he sounds in a bad way.

Sorry he didn't sound to good, R.I.P. little guy.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back