White Spots On Glass & Decor?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Creature Seeker

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hello,

I've recently started noticing white spots which almost look like white sesame seeds stuck to my glass near the substrate and in the corners. They also appear randomly on my homemade cement background. They seem to scratch off, but I was just wondering what they were.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Hello,

I've recently started noticing white spots which almost look like white sesame seeds stuck to my glass near the substrate and in the corners. They also appear randomly on my homemade cement background. They seem to scratch off, but I was just wondering what they were.

Any ideas?

Cheers

We had the exact same thing and thought they might be snail eggs, you know the pest snail eggs as we saw a snail near where the eggs were not 100% sure they came from it though but would be interested to find out as we find ours along the silicone

Nik

I have the same thing going on in my tank also. My guess is that it is some type of crustacean, but not fully sure. It attaches to anything, and is scratched off easily, but it is still frustrating to get rid off.

I have the same white stuff. It doesn't seem to bother my guppies as they will go around and pick them off one by one.

Good to see I'm not the only one experiencing this :shifty: lol.

I have silicon holding my background in position in my tank, so maybe it's something to do with this?

I also thought they may be snail eggs, I have malaysian trumpet snails, apple snails and tiger nerite snails within my tank. Does anyone else that's experiencing these white spots have these breeds of snails?

Thanks.

The white spots you are getting in your tank are the eggs of the nerite snail. I had only one snail and the white spots (mostly on the bogwood, but on the glass as well) were very difficult to remove and puzzling as I didn't connect them to the snail. When I moved it, they stopped. My (snail) eggs were infertile. Pity, as the snails are decorative but the eggs just look messy.

The white spots you are getting in your tank are the eggs of the nerite snail. I had only one snail and the white spots (mostly on the bogwood, but on the glass as well) were very difficult to remove and puzzling as I didn't connect them to the snail. When I moved it, they stopped. My (snail) eggs were infertile. Pity, as the snails are decorative but the eggs just look messy.

yup, nerites lay white eggs in freshwater that won't hatch and just end up sticking around.

Hold on a second, I don't have any snails at all. Back when I had 5 skunk loaches, they ate all of these pen-dot like white "balls" off of the glass, and now that I don't have them anymore i have to scrape them off. These little balls are about or even less than 1 mm.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back