White Spot On Eye?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

scrage

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Was looking at my tank today and noticed my betta has a small white spot on his eye. I haven't introduced any new fish, 29gal tanks heated, cycled, and maintained. His eye isn't swollen. No changes in behavior, still fiesty and active. I can snap a picture if that will help (If i can, hes a fast lil dude). Wasn't there yesterday, I'd know since I literally look at him everyday for atleast 10-20 minutes (very relaxing). All the other fish seem to be doing fine. Any ideas? I've had the tank up for a year now (i think). I've had the betta for several months and this is the first issue I've had with him.

I would be more inclined to view this as a cataract or similar eye issue, not ich.  Ich begins in the gills (you can't see this but the fish flashing is indicative) then in my experience usually spreads onto the fins.  I have had fish develop cataracts, I've no idea why, usually I have had them for years.  There is to my knowledge no cure.  The fish tend to adjust fine and live for years after, though blind in one eye.

Thank you, I was hoping it was that and not something that could kill him. He is otherwise very perky and alert and healthy looking, just has a small dot on his eye. 

my betta does too, but seems as he is still content , i just kept an eye on it.. excuse the pun!..

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back