White fungus looking spot on my guppy

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

Brett_cowan

Reaction score
Hi! Iā€™m new to this forum though ive been keeping fish (cardinals, guppies, ember tetras, pacific blue eyes, and a few other species) in a 3ft planted tank with no issues for a few years. Iā€™ve just upgraded to a 5ft, 600litre (160gal) tank and im struggling to get it stable (temperature (too hot) and chemistry(GH was way too high at 12degrees, but Iā€™m working on getting it down to 3degrees)).
All through this, I lost a few cardinals (Iā€™m sure because of the GH), and now one of my guppies has a big white fungus looking thing on his pectoral fin (see pic).
Any help to identify what it is and how to treat it would be much appreciated .

Attachments

• IMG_3133.jpeg
    IMG_3133.jpeg
    116.7 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_3132.jpeg
    IMG_3132.jpeg
    220.8 KB · Views: 15
This fish looks like a platy, not a guppy.

Please post your water parameters, Ammonia, Nitrates, Nitrites, pH. You are measuring GH in degrees, I assume it's in dGH numbers what you are posting. 7.0 - 8.0 dGH is good for platys.

Is this upgrade tank cycled?

This fish looks like a platy, not a guppy.

Please post your water parameters, Ammonia, Nitrates, Nitrites, pH. You are measuring GH in degrees, I assume it's in dGH numbers what you are posting. 7.0 - 8.0 dGH is good for platys.

Is this upgrade tank cycled?
Great - I have a Platy :) A,N, N - 0/0/5. Ph 7.0 yes dGH - 8. Tank was Cycled by using old filter (plus new filter) for a week.

The wound looks like an injury to me. So, not an illness. And yes, as already stated, it's a platy.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back