• Eheim 1000 + Eheim 2000 = 16.6x turnover

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2 x Eheim 2000 = 22.2x turnover

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

chr15_8

Fish Herder
Reaction score
I going to order my pumps for my tank soon.

As some will know im not having any power heads in my tank the flow will be coming from the 2 eheim pumps in the sump though the drilled holes in the back of my tank.

The tank will hold 90litres. it will be FOWLR for the first year and i will get a few easy corals (soft). I would also like a bubble-tip anemone.
The return pipework will be 1inch with about 30 cm of 16mm flexi pipe from the pump to the solid pipework.
It will be pumping about 1m up
The 2 pumps will exit though 3 holes (i was going to use the 1000lph pump for one hole and the 2000lph pump for the other 2 holes)

I was originally going to go with 1 x eheim compact 1000 and one eheim compact+ 2000. This would give around 3000lph before head. But as i said the pumps will be pumping about 1m high. So im guessing i will probably only get 50% (i imagine i should get more than 50% anyway?) of the stated lph meaning it will be nearer 1500lph.

This will give me a flow of about 16.6x

Or would i be best going for 2x 2000lph pumps? this will be 4000lph - 50% loss due to the head = 2000lph

This will give me a flow of 22.2x

Thanks
Chris

You need good flow for BTA's, so if you plan on getting one, you need the two larger pumps. This said, the Eheim Compacts are cr@! at pumping to any head-height, so you'll be luck to get 1/4 of the rated at that head TBH. I'd advise you to look at their hobby-line range, something like a pair of 1260's :good:

thanks rubbut

have had a think about it and am thinking about getting 1x 1260 and 1x eheim compact+ 2000

have the hobby pump on the 2 outlets and the compact on the single outlet.

looks like i might be popping to stm again for the eheim. £70.5 for the pump. cheaper than other prices on the net!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back