Which Master Kit To Buy?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I kind of struggled reading the API test in the very beginning when I started using it.
The good part is that after experiencing all colours on the chart, you kind of learn how each one of them is supposed to look like in the vial, compared to the chart. :/
And it did take me some time to learn to distinguish between 0 and 0.25 ammonia. :S

API master kit for me also, had mine for nearly 12 month's an still have loads left - even with setting up my new tank an testing regularly bet i've still got half a bottle of each.

Value for money wise, in my eyes cant be beat (think that i bought mine from ebay for under £20 delivered).

What's the lowest reading on the Salifert ammonia test? Online sources suggest it's 0.5ppm, is that right?

This is the thing though, over here in the UK Salifert test kits are similarly priced to the API kit, for an extra few pounds you can have a more accurate test kit, I am aware though that Saliferts are expensive in the US, so if you're in the UK, go for Saliferts, if you're in the US, go for the API kit.

I agree 100%.

We do have the Nutrifin kit available & it looks great but it's expensive too.

What's the lowest reading on the Salifert ammonia test? Online sources suggest it's 0.5ppm, is that right?

The API kit jumps from 0ppm to .25ppm

I thought the Sailfert kit would have more readings in between not less?

Here's a pic of the Nutrifin Master kit for freshwater:
master-test-kit.jpg

Now that's a nice looking kit!

API master kit for me also, had mine for nearly 12 month's an still have loads left - even with setting up my new tank an testing regularly bet i've still got half a bottle of each.

Value for money wise, in my eyes cant be beat (think that i bought mine from ebay for under £20 delivered).

I use an API master kit

You want to be careful with that one if its a year old. Someone here told me that one of the tests goes off and can start giving funny readings, I think he said the Nitrate ones.

This is the thing though, over here in the UK Salifert test kits are similarly priced to the API kit, for an extra few pounds you can have a more accurate test kit, I am aware though that Saliferts are expensive in the US, so if you're in the UK, go for Saliferts, if you're in the US, go for the API kit.

I agree 100%.

We do have the Nutrifin kit available & it looks great but it's expensive too.

That does look good. How good is it at what it does?

The API kit jumps from 0ppm to .25ppm

I thought the Sailfert kit would have more readings in between not less?

Here's a pic of the Nutrifin Master kit for freshwater:
master-test-kit.jpg

Now that's a nice looking kit!

Thats how much mine has cost me too, LFS add like about £15 to this.

I was told the API would be £30 ish but just found this for £16...

http://www.discountedpetproducts.net/FRESHWATER_MASTER_TEST_KIT-UKP70692.html

Is this the one?

its the one but their shipping costs to the uk are £24

Thats not the API freshwater kit :)

And Slaiferts just have a reading which says under 0.25.

I was told the API would be £30 ish but just found this for £16...

http://www.discountedpetproducts.net/FRESHWATER_MASTER_TEST_KIT-UKP70692.html

Is this the one?

have you seen the postage, to devon its £24 :blink:

Most reactions

trending

Back