Which Light Should I Use

mrashoo

Reaction score
i have setup a small tank and i have a pair of small discus the previous light i was using was normal white energy saver bulb but now i think i should upgrade to some other lightning my tank is 25gal so what light should i use in pakistan here the types available are white energy saver as i mentioned its also available in sunlight shade yellowish and other is light blue florcent tube light what do u suggest and i dont have any plants in my tank yet

I hope this is only a temporary tank for your discus, they will need more space (probably already do).
Get some live plants in there ASAP - discus need and love them :)

as far as lighting go - I use the bluish lights personally - they enhance the colour of my fish and promote plant growth, without being so bright as to create algae.

Hope I have helped.

Cheers,
Dylan (BGKchamp)

I hope this is only a temporary tank for your discus, they will need more space (probably already do).
Get some live plants in there ASAP - discus need and love them :)

as far as lighting go - I use the bluish lights personally - they enhance the colour of my fish and promote plant growth, without being so bright as to create algae.

Hope I have helped.

Cheers,
Dylan (BGKchamp)

well bro i do is keep a fish for some time and when it grows old i give it back and take new one i mean small ones so i keep changing fish i keep fish till they are ok in my tank and then i exchange them with other small ones ... and thanks for that plants i have plastic ones in my tank but im going to buy some live and a blue light also .. thanks bro

No worries - good to know you don't stress your fish into a smaller tank :good:

Definately some live plants and a duller light will do better for your discus.

Most reactions

Back