Which External Filter?

They do, you just have to read the small print in the rater obscure place at the back ;) All manufactures show their filters in the best possible light, so you need to check on how they arrive at their figures, to understand the short commings of the data they are giving and figure out how to get arround said short commings :nod:
 
i'm glad I was messed around now with the purchase of that fx5 now. and can I say a massive thanks for the advice over the last month as i'd have dead discus and an under filtered tank.

thinking of reducing the tank size i'm looking at to around 500litres, think the 600 would look too big whiere its going. so would I be ok looking at filters that do over 1000ltr then? whether it be one filter or two

ahhh why can't things just do what they say on the box.

Ahh, good question!


lol even the sump is starting to seem like a good idea now lol
 
For a 500l tank, you would need 2500lph of flow. Easily achieved with a sump and pond pump, but you will struggle to find an exturnal that does that...

What are you on about, too big for the spot? It's only too big if it physically won't fit :hyper: :lol:
 
he's putting his foot down as it will over power the living room, i call it a focal point lol. but will lots of tanks already and me trying to slip more 2ft tanks past him i'll compromise. 500ltr will still be big enough for discus

this is the tank I was considering

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Cabinet-Tank-60x32x2...%3A1|240%3A1318
 
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Good sized tank. I would be feeling a bit iffy about a 3ft tall tank built in 1/2" or 12mm glass TBH, that's right on the edge of what's possible, and it would need plenty of bracing :nod: Other than that, looks good :good:
 
well I was going to see if they could use a tank that isn't as tall, not for the common sense reasons you state but for cleaning purposes. my arms aren't that long
 

Most reactions

Back
Top