where do you guys/gals get your aquarium plants

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

I rinsed them off, they were pretty clean.

I'm looking to get some better suited plants (than what I currently have) for my 6 gallon fluval edge.

Easy to maintain, I guess people call them "low tech" plants that don't require crazy lighting and supplements.

Has anyone had any luck ordering on line and have they been ick free (no snails and or other icky things).

I have some local fish stores that have wonderful selections from planted tanks but I don't want to risk any contamination.

Most places do have some of those prepackaged "pest free" plants but the selection of plants is terrible and they always look half dead.

Any suggestions to what types of plants and where I could order them from would be greatly appreciated!

I currently have a gorgeous anubias that's way too large for my tank but is amazing. And three other species that I bought from as prepackaged pest free just because they were safe but aren't doing as well as they use to be when I was using Excel, which I no longer wish to use do to some opinions about it's safety for my inhabitants.

Thank you!
btw green habitat (on ebay, its a shop inside of ebay) is an EXCELENT choice, they have a 100% rating (when I saw I was surprised.) and all plants are guaranteed alive on arrival and for 1 month I think? not sure about the last part there but, I just ordered some from them and got there plants today, I was astonished not going to lie... they gave me a lot more than I could have asked for... I ordered one Italian jungle val and they gave me 4... (example <-)

btw green habitat (on ebay, its a shop inside of ebay) is an EXCELENT choice, they have a 100% rating (when I saw I was surprised.) and all plants are guaranteed alive on arrival and for 1 month I think? not sure about the last part there but, I just ordered some from them and got there plants today, I was astonished not going to lie... they gave me a lot more than I could have asked for... I ordered one Italian jungle val and they gave me 4... (example <-)

Oh wow that's really great info and how cool that you were so pleasantly surprised!

I've never heard of Italian Jungle Val?! I'll have to google.

I actually picked up a really great little lump of dwarf hair grass from PetSmart the other day and it was on sale. Those prepackaged pest free plants. It was amazing looking and the inhabitants sure love it!

I just looked thru their site (which is gorgeous).
Looks like a great company.

Funny, I found a plant I have that I was never able to identify.
It came prepackaged from PetSmart about 7months ago and said "cardinal plant" on the package.
But when I looked it up it was clearly not what it was labeled.

It's Lysimachia nummularia - Lloydiella

Oh I just realized you can see it in my banner picture (foreground plant). It did so well for a while and then petered out. I still have pieces but they're not lively and bright like they use to be. Makes sense after reading about their care.

Most reactions

Back