Where do you get your rocks?

GP

Orange
Reaction score
I was wondering where everyone gets their rocks. My LFS is very unstocked and doesn't have anything, apart from some rocks that scream "I'm going to crumble in a year..." I am looking for some black rocks as well as bogwood/any wood that will last long. Anyone use fake wood? Thanks in advance.

I have got some of my rocks from a builders yard they are cobble stones actually.
I have seen some slate in garden centers at 25p a kilo but this is a rare find in my area of the UK.
I have also got bogwood and a fake tree stump from ebay, just be carefull on the postal cost!

I HTH :D

Thanks so much. What does HTH mean? also, how much was your bogwood, and if possible, in US dollars.. lol

I go to the source!!!

Just go to the local park and get em from the river dude!!
Bring em home, scrum them clean, boil them in salt water then rinse and then bake em in the oven for an hour at 200c!!! Perfect rock cakes!!!
(please be careful and let the rocks coll for a good few hours as they stay HOT for ages!!!!

If that dont kill all the nasties on the rock nuthin will!!!

Remeber if your gonna bleach to rinse in white vinegar to neutralise the bleach then water unless you like vinegar on your fish!!

Here's my Tank. Decor prices in pounds. One pound equals around $1.85

decor.jpg

I either get mine from the old stone walls in the woods, from the back driveway (whenever a new layer of rocks has been added I take the big ones we don't want to drive on), or I get them from the river.

Although if your ever in vacation in chicago I wouldn't suggest getting rocks from the chicago river :alien: :sick:

just dig a hole. You'r bound to find something good. I found a clay tile that i have soaking in water and soap when i had to gid a garden for my mom.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back