Where Do You Buy Your Bulbs From? Is There A Best Brand?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I agree, I much prefer the daylight colours!  But Snazy - you surprise me a little as you said you liked a 3000K colour temp in your tank!  Maybe it just doesn't suit my tank or maybe it's because your bulbs are much higher quality.

Here are my 3000K light bulbs on the video below. They aren't as yellow looking as you'd think. But my previous ones that came with the tank were.

Sorry for the state of my tank on that video as I had chopped down my anubias at that time 
sad1.gif
 It's growing back slowly now
confused.gif

Yes, mine weren't cheap but I like the colour as I had bought the same for a smaller tank before:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjquABl1vXs[/media]

Your tank looks really nice Snazy!  It looks like quite high lighting, perhaps that's just the sand reflecting the light.  It really does brighten up the tank.

Yeah, that's with one bulb from 3 switched off as it gets even brighter. It's the sand reflecting it as well, which isn't helping, also no background, or rather white wall behind it.
The tank is in its' worse form on that video after a massive chopping.

Still looks nice though!  There's a definite red-purple tinge to your lamps as opposed to the yellow tint of my kitchen tube.  I guess that's the difference between a good quality aquarium warm white bulb and a standard general purpose tube.  No comparison really.

I make no difference when it comes to plants though. They grew fine under the old lights too. 
smile.png

The more expensive bulbs may have a better colour rendition I guess.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

• Chad
    Reef Tank, Crustacean, and Puffer Enthusiast
  • Essjay
Back