When to feed my Malawi tank?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

AmyKieran

Fish Herder
Reaction score
I have a malawi tank with some bottom feeders. I rarely see the bottom feeders as they are nocturnal and only come out at night, should I feed my tank on the morning for the Malawi and hope the catfish get the food at the bottom, or feed at the night?

You could feed for the button feeders right before you go to bed. That way the other fish are less active and the button feeders have a better chance of getting some.

You could feed for the button feeders right before you go to bed. That way the other fish are less active and the button feeders have a better chance of getting some.
Only problem with that, is if I drop catfish food into the tank, the Malawi will eat most of it before it reaches the bottom

Only problem with that, is if I drop catfish food into the tank, the Malawi will eat most of it before it reaches the bottom
hmmm. do you have a HOB filter? If you do then you can put the food in near the output and the flow should push it straight to the bottom.

I have an all mbuna tank with 2 synodantis catfish. One of them hangs about outside and the other never comes out. Maybe buy bottom feeder sinking wafers and put it in while the lights are off just before you go to sleep at night.

I have an all mbuna tank with 2 synodantis catfish. One of them hangs about outside and the other never comes out. Maybe buy bottom feeder sinking wafers and put it in while the lights are off just before you go to sleep at night.
Yeah , the pellets I have sink pretty quick just if I feed both at the same time, the Malawi eat the pellets before they reach the bottom

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back