what's the most anyone has ever spent on a fish?

Tie $12 US each for my keyhole cichlids, pearl gouramis, and angelfish. I know my grandfather spent ridiculous prices on fish. When he started, neon tetras were often $30 each, a pair of angelfish was a bargain if paid less than $200, and his first volitan lionfish was over $1000 in the late 60's. Guy wonders why he can't afford to retire now.
 
£79 on a L25 from Trimar a couple of months ago. he seems to be doing ok fingers crossed
 
I spent nearly £80 on a pleco once. He lived about a year, and he was LOVELY. But then we had a really hot summer and my tank overheated. I tried my best to cool it down, but it all got too much for my plec and he died.
 
I spent nearly £80 on a pleco once. He lived about a year, and he was LOVELY. But then we had a really hot summer and my tank overheated. I tried my best to cool it down, but it all got too much for my plec and he died.

what Pleco was it?
 
I spent nearly £80 on a pleco once. He lived about a year, and he was LOVELY. But then we had a really hot summer and my tank overheated. I tried my best to cool it down, but it all got too much for my plec and he died.

what Pleco was it?
 
Holy ancient thread Batman!!


Mine was £24 for 3 Corydoras robinae
 
£90 on a True Giant Copper Plakat Fighter pair - male was over 5 inches when i got it and grew to over 6 inches.
 
£35 for a pair of Laetacara flavilabris, wild caught. Very nice fish but still settling in to the new tank, only had them a week :good:
 

Most reactions

Back
Top