What's new

What's the last fish that you spawned?

Pet of the Month Starts Now!
FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 Click here to enter! 🐰
They breed like rabbits. No idea how many over a two-year period but it was many. In 2007, I was giving them away like crazy until the 'market was saturated' and then I split up the pair. They are amazing fish. I actually acquired and bred them for about a year in preparation for a feature article in the now defunct publication, Freshwater and Marine Aquarium Magazine.

Peacock Gudgeons...

Now that I've accidentally spawned the gudgeons, I want to try to breed the other fish that I get in my 40g. I don't want to sell them for profit, I just want to try to see if I can do it. Lol.
Especially the sterbai. That would be absolutely amazing...

Peacock Gudgeons...

Now that I've accidentally spawned the gudgeons, I want to try to breed the other fish that I get in my 40g. I don't want to sell them for profit, I just want to try to see if I can do it. Lol.
Especially the sterbai. That would be absolutely amazing...
I really like sterbai corys

They breed like rabbits. No idea how many over a two-year period but it was many. In 2007, I was giving them away like crazy until the 'market was saturated' and then I split up the pair. They are amazing fish. I actually acquired and bred them for about a year in preparation for a feature article in the now defunct publication, Freshwater and Marine Aquarium Magazine.
I loved FAMA . Really miss it.

Last fish that spawned for me ? Aplocheilus lineatus Golden Wonder Killifish. Surprise , surprise . I want to do Bettas again and will get around to that pretty soon. Hoping to time it to mosquito larvae season so I can raise some nice fish to trade . That would put breeding time about late March early April.

Last fish that spawned for me ? Aplocheilus lineatus Golden Wonder Killifish. Surprise , surprise . I want to do Bettas again and will get around to that pretty soon. Hoping to time it to mosquito larvae season so I can raise some nice fish to trade . That would put breeding time about late March early April.
Just saw some of those killifish at my lfs... Pretty cool

Just saw some of those killifish at my lfs... Pretty cool
Yeah , I like them . I like the size and the silvery minnow look. Easy to breed , fry easy to raise , and prolific. They spawn almost continuously . But . . . I am keeping my eyes pealed for the original wild type A. lineatus with the colorful striped body. The Golden Wonder looks like a Pike but the wild type looks like a Tiger Muskie. Real cool looking fish. Good , well grown fish can get to 4 inches. They don't fight with each other and don't drive the females like Fundulopanchax species do. They are perfect for my 20 gallon highs and are not finicky eaters. I am going to try live crickets on them. These fish are notorious for eating things that should be too big for them.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

No members online now.
Back