What’s new (fish related chat only)

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

one of my tanks looks truly crappy but it will improve I hope. I've already pulled most of the dirty sand but it still has black stuff on it. Used that evil Flourish excel and it hasn't worked. Black stuff has about killed my frogbit. I don't know. I don't care, fish is alive and healthy. Another water change might help?

I have an Amazon sword red diamond variety. It's growing a new leaf in the center that's a fairly bright red and it's making me happy.

20230531_122451.jpg

I remember watching that show Tanked back in the day. And I remembered it as a fun show. But I just recently watched a few episodes on Youtube and now that I know more about fishkeeping, it's horrifying to watch.

I remember watching that show Tanked back in the day. And I remembered it as a fun show. But I just recently watched a few episodes on Youtube and now that I know more about fishkeeping, it's horrifying to watch.
I used to watch that show too and I couldn’t figure out how they got away with what they did . Maybe they didn’t. They just didn’t show the colossal flops that happended.

I used to watch that show too and I couldn’t figure out how they got away with what they did . Maybe they didn’t. They just didn’t show the colossal flops that happended.
"That thing was a money trap. What a scam that show was," Jericho said in an interview with Loper & Randi. "It's not on the air anymore and I would say that to their faces. If anybody knows anything about fish, they said, 'what do you want in the tank?' My son was big fish guy at the time. So you have this elaborate tank with all these props and a list and a light up jacket. 'Okay, we'll put this fish in, we'll put that fish in, this fish, that fish.' When they leave your house at the end of the show, you have this amazing fish tank. It's awesome. Problem is, you can't put 15 or 20 fish in the same water together. They have to acclimate and make sure they can exist. As soon as they leave, they send some dude over who drains the tank to half and then starts to acclimate the fish. The problem is, the fish are dying. My kids are crying because this fish is dead and that fish is dead. Then the pipe bursts and this thing happens. I'm not the only one. Howie Mandel and this guy and that guy, everyone had a problem with the show. Eventually, I think the tank was worth, they said 40 grand. After all the fish died, three different guys were supposed to be cleaning it but they quit because they didn't pay them, they were supposed to pay for the cleaner for a year. I finally had to get rid of this thing. I had someone come in with a forklift because it was so heavy. For $1000, just get it out of my house. It made for a great family show for an hour, but as soon as it was done and left, it was the biggest nightmare. They should do another show, Tanked Nightmare. Those guys disappeared and the show is off the air, as it should be. Tanked sucks."

"That thing was a money trap. What a scam that show was," Jericho said in an interview with Loper & Randi. "It's not on the air anymore and I would say that to their faces. If anybody knows anything about fish, they said, 'what do you want in the tank?' My son was big fish guy at the time. So you have this elaborate tank with all these props and a list and a light up jacket. 'Okay, we'll put this fish in, we'll put that fish in, this fish, that fish.' When they leave your house at the end of the show, you have this amazing fish tank. It's awesome. Problem is, you can't put 15 or 20 fish in the same water together. They have to acclimate and make sure they can exist. As soon as they leave, they send some dude over who drains the tank to half and then starts to acclimate the fish. The problem is, the fish are dying. My kids are crying because this fish is dead and that fish is dead. Then the pipe bursts and this thing happens. I'm not the only one. Howie Mandel and this guy and that guy, everyone had a problem with the show. Eventually, I think the tank was worth, they said 40 grand. After all the fish died, three different guys were supposed to be cleaning it but they quit because they didn't pay them, they were supposed to pay for the cleaner for a year. I finally had to get rid of this thing. I had someone come in with a forklift because it was so heavy. For $1000, just get it out of my house. It made for a great family show for an hour, but as soon as it was done and left, it was the biggest nightmare. They should do another show, Tanked Nightmare. Those guys disappeared and the show is off the air, as it should be. Tanked sucks."
Just about exactly what I thought .

I was seeing things like tanks with flashing lights and speakers in them. Or one that was replica of a phone booth. How on earth is someone supposed to maintain a tank shaped like that?
Yeah , that’s the kind of goofy stuff that puzzled me . At that point it was a little Jerry Springer to me .

I watched some YouTube video about Tanked yesterday. They said that they had a few disasters such as one of the circular tanks had a crack in the bottom and they were able to glue it luckily. They also said when they did a lot of the reveals they would put a lot of fish in but after they would take some out so it would be more reasonable and wouldn’t harm the fish.

I moved an Amazon Swordplant that I’ve had for two years to a bigger aquarium. That’s the longest I’ve ever had a leaf type rooted plant . It’s doing okay but not growing and reproducing. The leaves are bright green and healthy so I guess I should be happy and I am . Now to see if it continues as it has or grows or dies back . The roots looked good but sometimes you kill a plant by moving it . Time will tell . No fish with it as of now but I want some guppies and I think I’ll get a pair at the end of the month .

Most reactions

Back