What’s new (fish related chat only)

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

I am overall pleased with my "tea garden" tank, but I'm really hoping these odessa barbs chill out a little bit. The constant chasing and bickering is getting me down. Can't be doing the other fish any good either.

So I went to an LFS this weekend. Mostly just to look around. I overheard a mother and young son and he was asking if they have sharks. I couldn't resist and said "I know where they have some sharks." Then I took them over to the tank with rainbow sharks.

So I went to an LFS this weekend. Mostly just to look around. I overheard a mother and young son and he was asking if they have sharks. I couldn't resist and said "I know where they have some sharks." Then I took them over to the tank with rainbow sharks.
And the shop promptly sold the kid a 10G tank and 6 of the "sharks"...lol

I hope you told them the sharks weren't sharks, and that was just a marketing name for a nasty, solitary barb group fish. Their theme should be the "Rabies Shark" song.

In about a month, that little kid is going to want to hunt you down. You'd better grow eyes in the back of your head.

I hope you told them the sharks weren't sharks, and that was just a marketing name for a nasty, solitary barb group fish. Their theme should be the "Rabies Shark" song.

In about a month, that little kid is going to want to hunt you down. You'd better grow eyes in the back of your head.
I stage whispered to the mom "They're really minnows".

Ok so how does everyone else’s tanks look so much better and more fun than mine. I’m so jealous lol.

Ok so how does everyone else’s tanks look so much better and more fun than mine. I’m so jealous lol.
I have been struggling with that myself. I am waiting for my plants to grow in, and then see if I like it better.
But I think your tank looks great!
Although, If you are really unhappy with it, might I advise trying a black background... I just use black construction paper. I taped some to the back of my betta tank as an experiment and it instantly looked ten times better.

I have been struggling with that myself. I am waiting for my plants to grow in, and then see if I like it better.
But I think your tank looks great!
Although, If you are really unhappy with it, might I advise trying a black background... I just use black construction paper. I taped some to the back of my betta tank as an experiment and it instantly looked ten times better.
I'll second that. A black background is good for the fish and reduces their stress. The colors of the fish and plants pop against a black background and it hides algae well.

Today I’ve set up a new round tank on my desk. I’ve put some least killifish and dwarf rasboras in there. They’re doing fine. It’s my second tank on my desk.

Attachments

• CA77F941-3669-42BC-94C2-BC4589F79928.jpeg
    CA77F941-3669-42BC-94C2-BC4589F79928.jpeg
    223.5 KB · Views: 24
Does anyone have any luck with the plants from Marcus fish tanks? I ordered them but they haven’t come yet and the tracking isn’t really working so I’m just not sure.

Patience. How old is your tank?
About a year now but I redecorated with sand live plants and driftwood after having gravel fake plants and just the aquarium decorations like a bridge and castle like thing more recently.

Does anyone have any luck with the plants from Marcus fish tanks? I ordered them but they haven’t come yet and the tracking isn’t really working so I’m just not sure.
I've ordered from them before!! Amazing plants! They were SUPER healthy!

I have ordered plants three times from Marus Tanks. Beautiful, healthy plants each time.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back