What's In A Name?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Hello,
Mine is the same as my aol and msn addres i couldn't think of anything else it is also the name of some singers that i like.

Quite simple for me really.

I am John Ghent III!!!

My Dad and his Dad are both John Ghent so there we have it, ghent_3rd.

It can get quite confusing around the Xmas dinner table.

When I first joined the forum, a trio of dwarfgouramis was first on my wishlist, the fish I was definitely going to get as soon as the tank was mature. Wishlist has now been thoroughly reviewed and there isn't a dwarfgourami in any of my tanks. Oh well, I wouldn't really have wanted to go by the soubriquet of Bristlenose....I have enough trouble with unsightly facial hair as it is. Middle age, such a lovely period of one's life it is.

When I first joined the forum, a trio of dwarfgouramis was first on my wishlist, the fish I was definitely going to get as soon as the tank was mature. Wishlist has now been thoroughly reviewed and there isn't a dwarfgourami in any of my tanks. Oh well, I wouldn't really have wanted to go by the soubriquet of Bristlenose....I have enough trouble with unsightly facial hair as it is. Middle age, such a lovely period of one's life it is.
Bless you!

RES=Red Eared Slider. The species of aquatic turtle I own.
Guy=Is what I am :blink:
I chose this name on July 6th, 2005 when I registered on the forums at www.TurtleTimes.com/forums

I actually really like it and love to see people using my username when reffering to me. It is awesome, I guess I just liked to feel unique and stand out in all the websites I go to, and sometimes try to be a Super Member :rolleyes: :good: This has worked quite well for me when I joined the teen forum site www.SurfaceRipple.com . I instantly started posting and know have 1,400+ posts, received the first Member of the Year Award, became a Moderator on the site, and will soon become the Administrator as the current admin is handing the site over to me :)

So yeah, I use this for just about everything, except AIM because someone else stole it :angry: So my AIM name is RES039. When I got my first ever e-mail which was on yahoo (which I haven't used for years) I chose [email protected]. But, one day when signing in it would not allow me sign in saying I had the wrong username/password (which I did not :blink: ) and so I was forced to create a new account. Though obviously juli038 was already taken, so I used juli039 instead. Which actually makes a lot more sense as I was born on the 3rd of September (9th month of the year). I know no longer use yahoo, I use MSN, and the username has evolved to [email protected] The "gg" is the initials of my middle and last name "Gustavo Gomez". My first name is Julian btw ;)So there is the story of my usernames :)

Think i might change my name to DJ, i was quite impressed with myself :hey: , with Davey Jones. I liked the piratey theme, not so sure of the Monkies conection though :-( . I should have thought it through, soo lazy :rolleyes:

showing my age here
but I did think of the Monkeys when I saw your name DJ

I use this name for two reasons...

1. It's a very good film, one my Dad made me watch when I was a young kid.

2. I use different names on different forums for anonimities sake, and darkstar is a name I never have a problem remembering along with the others I use.

This is puppyduck

ca1953.jpg

I'm named after her.

We were gonna call our rabbit puppyduck.

But we ended up getting fish instead of a rabbit.

Fish are much cooler d:D

@madmom

huuuuuuuummmmmmmm...
huuuuuuuummmmmmmm...
...uuuurrrrgghhhhh....
wogga-wogga-wogga

........::: The spirit world is speaking to meeee :::........

...You are not sane....
...And .... you are a mother!!!!

..huuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmm...

Damn! No, I've lost them! Might as well ask then:
Why, exactly do you call yourself madmom???

Andy

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back