Whats Easier

bloatedguppy

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Feb 24, 2008
Messages
174
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I'm trying to decide for the summer if I'm going to start a small marine tank or get into planted tanks. I'm pretty much just wondering what do you think is easier? I have had tons of experiences with freshwater but never saltwater. I'm wanting to get a 29gal biocube witch my stores use for both fresh and saltwater. I have a 25 gal freshwater tank right now but I'm dead-set into buying a bio-nano cube. So which one of the 2 do you think is harder to take care of and price,etc. "I know alotta people are going to say saltwater is alotta$$$!
 
From What I understand it is reccommend for begining marine tanks to be at least 55 gallons to allow room for error. Not to mention the cost of set up which im sure costs alot of money as well. I would go to planted next and then to saltwater eventually (at least thats my plan) Good Luck.
 
Providing you do plenty of research, then marine tanks aren't that difficult at all. Many people successfully keep marine nano tanks but spend plenty of timing reading up before you make the plunge.
 
I've just had almost EXACTLY the same quandry ... in the end I plumped for a planted tank, because I don't know if I can sustain the money a nano reef would take.
 
I've just had almost EXACTLY the same quandry ... in the end I plumped for a planted tank, because I don't know if I can sustain the money a nano reef would take.

So how did that end up? I really want to get a nano tank and I know alot about freshwater just with my tanks plus I have most of the chemicals for freshwater, as for saltwater I only have 2 books and have only heard and seen stuff. I I go with freshwater I pretty much just want small stuff with live plants and cool things like shrimp, endlers, glow fish, neons, cardinels, rummy nose, and maybe some kribs as they look cool and don't get huge.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top