FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

easycarbo or flourish excel

• easycarbo

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • flourish excell

Votes: 4 80.0%

• Total voters
I recently asked about EasyCarbo and Vallis. Flourish Excel really doesn't agree with it but people who have used EasyCarbo have had good results from it. So, although i have never used it i would have to say EasyCarbo.

They are exactly the same chemical. Excel is just a little more watered down. Having used both products for a few years, there really is no difference

it doesn't really, A LOT of things effect vallis IME, vallis doesn't do well in softer water. With the correct dosing of glutaraldehyde, it shouldn't really melt...but Vallis can melt in soft water. Where have you read that it does affect vallis in a different way?

people have now started mixing there own excel/carbo, which is again exactly the same product. All it is at the end of the day is an industrial cleaner.

They're both exactly the same, just formulated to different concentrations, I've used both and have recently switched to Aqua Essentials own brand. It's a case of seeing which offers the most value for money but I can't see there being that much in it to be honest.

if we're talking which is best value for money then AE wins.

I voted for excel just because it's the only one I've used lol

Hmmmm might check out AE

Tizer stated that when dosing with Flourish Excel his Vallis stopped growing. Once he switched to Easy Carbo it started to grow again. I have read on a few posts that Excel is a no no with Vallis. I have also dosed Excel on a tank with Vallis in it and it ruined it. My water isn't particularly soft i don't think... :look:

Will look into Aqua Essentials then. Is it as strong as Easy Carbo?

it's the same concentration as Carbo. As for the melt you'd think that the carbo would have melted it with it being stronger. Whether Tizers vals had gotten used to the glut, i don't know, but they are exactly the same chemical. I might also look at getting the AE stuff next. Good price.

Thanks Ian. I know a few other members have spoke about the excel being a bit hit and miss with stuff.

AE
Easycarbo
Excel
...in that order. It's a price thing.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

No members online now.
Back