What you doing in your garden for 2020

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Tez_20

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Well all our garden was tidy for the beginning of the year and 2 days ago hubby put acid on the slabs, brushed it in and left it for 10mins then jet blasted them off, we couldn't believe the dirt build up over winter, mind you it came off easier than it as before.

1.JPG 2.JPG 3.JPG

Then he did the front slabs under the window on the front garden.

Front slabs.JPG

We built a 12 foot greenhouse and planted 20 tomato plants, cabbage, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, strawberries, carrots, bell peppers, jalapenos, snow peas, carrots, cauliflower, radishes, beets, summer squash and herbs and onions and garlic.
Outside we have thimble berries, logan berries, marion berries, blueberries and grapes as well as d water melon

We built a 12 foot greenhouse and planted 20 tomato plants, cabbage, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, strawberries, carrots, bell peppers, jalapenos, snow peas, carrots, cauliflower, radishes, beets, summer squash and herbs and onions and garlic.
Outside we have thimble berries, logan berries, marion berries, blueberries and grapes as well as d water melon
This early?

This early?
Yes. The water melon are in a smaller greenhouse... forgot to mention that. We plant to have 2 harvests, so one early and one in early autumn

We also have some young feijoa trees that will not produce fruit for a couple years sadly. Its my favorite fruit lol

E43F8250-A8B6-4101-9D72-74F4BB4FDC8F.png

I'll sent my hubby to live with you as an extra border as he loves his fruit and veg ;)
Nice how your getting it all sectioned out and prepared :thumbs:

I forgot to mention, so far I have planted carrots, peas, potatoes, onions and pansies outside and have started cucumbers, peppers, celosia, violas, alliums, ground cherries, tomatoes, black eyed Susan’s, Shasta daisies, and purple coneflowers.

I'll send my hubby to live with you as he loves his fruit and veg and he's a good handyman ;)

I'll send my hubby to live with you as he loves his fruit and veg and he's a good handyman ;)
That would only work if you want him to move to rainy seattle lol. We have a big family and are also planting for our neighbors family as well. Both of us love fresh produce. Hence the 20 tomato plants....

What you doing in your garden for 2020?

Same thing I do all year round, trying to kill ants. Anyone got any ideas on how I can do it safely?

I have tried vinegar and borax.

I won't use ant powders because they kill other insects and wash into the stormwater drains and kill the frogs and fish. The stuff also blows around everywhere due to the wind here.

That would only work if you want him to move to rainy seattle lol. We have a big family and are also planting for our neighbors family as well. Both of us love fresh produce. Hence the 20 tomato plants....
My god no wonder you cover so much, i can only handle bananas and melons after that it's forget it and i only like 2 veg on a dinner and he does 5 ridiculous :rolleyes:

Same thing I do all year round, trying to kill ants. Anyone got any ideas on how I can do it safely?
We've got them out already, i've not got a clue besides pure bleach which i run along the outside of the building. I've just had my hubby put Nippon ant powder through the top of the heaves it kills wasps after 2 doses.

i have 24 tomato plants and my family doesn’t even like tomatoes.
i give them away to friends and relatives, but the bulk of them will be grown for the chickens.

What you doing in your garden for 2020?

I have tried vinegar and borax.

I won't use ant powders because they kill other insects and wash into the stormwater drains and kill the frogs and fish. The stuff also blows around everywhere due to the wind here.
a blowtorch

@Colin_T we use diatomaceous earth. It would kill other insects as well but if you sprinkle it just on the ant nest a couple times a week it should take care of it

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back