What Would You Put In Here?

I should have mentioned I dont like fish which have their mouths underneath them. (I don't know the scientific name) Apart from the clown loach atm.
 
Wisteria is also a great fast growing nutrient hungry plant. :good:
I'm with Davo, go with a nice SA theme, with some Apistogrammas.
Could also look into some mid size gouramis as an alternate, a pair of pearl gouramis should be okay.
How about any L number plecos?
 
HAHA. I know its weird but I dont like em.

Ive bought those plants and some fertilizer. Fingers crossed i get what I want this time. Thanks for the advice.

Back to the fish. I've looked at apistograms before but something put me off at the time, maybe breeding and aggression, i cant remember. Not keen on gouramis either...
 
In this instance the dracaena that you have in your tank can survive with its roots in water but is only a marginal at best and really the stems need to be above the waterline for it to survive

It is actually also sold as a houseplant, and will live much happier/longer if kept that way,

yeh I have one on my bathroom windowsill and it would never have occurred to me to put it in a fishtank!

remember clown loaches can grow to a foot long, and are shoaling fish...

it would make sense to have something which is a bottom feeder, have you looked through the fish species list to see if there's any others you like?
 
A foot long! Woah.

Ok, I might have to get over my fear of these things. How about a Pitbull Pleco, think ive seen these in lfs shop before, playing and fighting with each other. Do plecs not just dig up plants tho?
 

Most reactions

Back
Top