What Wolves Know...

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

crimsontsavo

Fish Herder
Reaction score
:wub:

It doesnt matter what it is mum, it is mine, mine MINE!
It doesnt matter that I left it there a week ago, if you go to touch it, it is still mine, mine, MINE!
Any food in the house is MINE!
If I roll over and squish my face up like a clown mum wont pound me for eating her wall. * yay it worked!*
If mum is eating or trying to watch T.V, that is the BEST time to lay on top of her and howl. Sure to get a belly rub then!
I can poop anywhere and at anytime. But, it is best to poop when mum has company over, or where she will step in it at 3 A.M. :shifty:
If the cat looks at me that means I can chase him and when he slaps me mum will come to my rescue. :*)
No matter where I go or what I do, mum always says. * Oh God*... Like the time when I was just PLAYING with that man...
It's always fun to sneak up behind mum and bite her bum when she is cleaning up our poop. :thumbs:
I am wolf- hear me howl! But, if I ever get into trouble, I know mum will be there to save me, no matter what I " supposedly" did wrong. :D

Don't believe me? Get a wolfdog or a Huskie,LOL! Man these guys are clowns. :X :rolleyes:

heh too funny :)

We're on our second wolf x dog now ... interestingly enough, I've never experienced any of the "deviant behaviour" they have a reputation for. The first one I had while growing up ... she was incredibly friendly and obedient - except for the time when I got jumped on the street. She handled the situation like you'd expect from a wolf dog (she was forgiven considering the circumstances) ... let's just say the 2 guys who attacked me got a lot that night, just not my wallet :). Our latest wolf dog ... I don't think she would even have any concept of being aggressive or even bratty. Absolutely perfect behaviour, and she just adores kids. It's unbelievably cute to watch. She even likes hanging out with our pet rats ... she knows them as other members of the family so she watches over them.

Given my experience with them, I'd have to say that I'm 100% partial to wolf being in the genes :)

OMG if you take crimsons list... and swap mum for significant other, and swap poo for computer stuff, and swap niffing man with sniffing women :)

I AM A WOLF DOG, HEAR ME HOWL!

OMG
it would be so cool to have a wolf/dog.
Are they very loyal, what is their tempermant like.

ever since watching natty gann, I have wanted a wolf/dog.

My fave Wolf is the Maned Wolf - up to 5ft tall and red like a British Fox.

:lol: LOL ADRINAL!!!!!

Wolves and WolfDogs arent normally known for their protection abilities. :D
The lower content ones are more doggy and will usually act on dog instinct. Glad to see another woofy person on the forum. :thumbs:

Dolly is the "bad" one,LOL. And she's "all dog". Huskie.
Tez is the one that likes to bite my bum. :lol: TimberxHuskiexGerman

Would love ta see some pictures of your woofy!

They're a trip. :)

WolfDogs- the norm (mid to high content).

Very loyal compainions if raised with respect and love.
Not good with small children. Always supervise your kids if you have any dog.
Not good guard dogs. Most times expect YOU to protect THEM. lol.
Not good with other animals. (cats,other small dogs/animals) There is always an exception to the rule though. ;)

Are not legal to own in some states/towns/counties/countries.
Most vets will not treat them. The rabies vaccination hasnt been approved for use in wolves/wolfdogs.
Need experianced handlers. Do not act like dogs.

If you do want one- I suggest getting a LOW content- then working your way up to a higher content if you want one after that.
They do not do well with change, and stress can kill them. (moving them around, constant loud noises,etc.)

Are NOT suited to apartments. Not town animals, need land and plenty of running space. Check your home owners insurance, some wont cover you if you have wolfdogs.

Need appropriate fecning. At LEAST six foot high with either top fencing or a 3 ft overhang. And, bottom fencing of at least three feet. (they dig-alot and fast.)
Need plenty of time with owners, you become part of the pack. If you get one and just leave it in the yard then you have a time bomb waiting to go off.

Never, never, NEVER- chain/tie them out. NEVER.

Can not live well off cheap crappy dog kibble.

There's alot of other things too. :)

They're not cool pets- they are hard hard work. :flex:

Thanks for the Info Crimson.

Once Ginger my current cat passes away I will not keep anything apart from my fish for a few years.

I would like to have a Bassett Hound, When I have my Own Place.

crimsontsavo said:
No problem man. :thumbs:
Better to know the down sides- before getting the animal,lol. :S
Geez if you are like that with everything there would be no pets, mariages, or babys being born!
Go blind or dont go at all! 8)

Wolves can make wonderful pets for the right people, a family I know has a pack. The father Geronimoe is 100% and the mother Payote is 98%. The just gave birth to 9 cubs, which are gorgeous! Geronimoe is a very loyal, and awesome animal. He was raised with their 2nd youngest daughter since birth, He is so gentle yet protective of her. He will let her play with his tongue, ride him , pull his fur, whatever. The pack lives with the family not in cages, or a backyard, but in the house with them. If the family goes to the store, they go. They hate to be left alone. I think a wolf is not a dog, but still a wonderful animal fully capable of love, loyalty, anything a dog can do, and sometimes more. However, raising a wolf is not for everyone, they are like kids, a part of your family more than an animal ,and you have to be prepared to take that responsibilty.

The thing about having wolves in your house- They WILL mark their territory. It smells, and they eat (chew) on everything. Always an exception to the rule I'm sure. But, I'd never tell a person they can keep a wolfdog in the house 24/7. Most I've seen wanna be outside anyway.
-_-

Wolves have a pack mentality- they will naturally go "over" a kids head. The adults in the family- it's easier for them to establish an alpha role. Kids, not so much. Most children arent capable of handling the whole "pack" mind.

In the wild, wolves bite and nip and snarl at their pups. It doesnt HURT the pups usually, but, they are "thick skinned" and know how to react to the punishment. IE. Roll over, bear belly and crawl, licking the adults lips,etc.

If a human child was "attacked" by a wolf,wolfdog or a dog- they would more than likely scream and try and run away. Not a good idea with a wolf/wolfdog or a dog.

They will probably get bitten in the end, or worse. :(

Adrinal- LOL! You are now my main Jester Man Slave. :flex: :fun:

crimsontsavo said:
In the wild, wolves bite and nip and snarl at their pups. It doesnt HURT the pups usually, but, they are "thick skinned" and know how to react to the punishment. IE. Roll over, bear belly and crawl, licking the adults lips,etc.
If a human child was "attacked" by a wolf,wolfdog or a dog- they would more than likely scream and try and run away. Not a good idea with a wolf/wolfdog or a dog.
They will probably get bitten in the end, or worse. :(
Really, the wolves don't nip or snarl at anyone, and they have no need to mark territory because there is only one adult male. They may be the exception, I didn't mean to imply that we should all go out and get wolves and keep them in our homes, just that for the right family or person, they can make a wonderful addition to the family. and as far as saying the kids'll get bit :grr: havent' u ever heard about wolves raising children? lol, it sounds crazy, but they have done studies, and the pack will take in a child, and care for it. :wub:

crimsontsavo said:
Always an exception to the rule I'm sure. But, I'd never tell a person they can keep a wolfdog in the house 24/7. Most I've seen wanna be outside anyway.
Also, they have plenty of outside time to run, and rome, but they sleep inside, and stay inside like dogg. And yes, someone has to be "top Dog" but that is so with any naturally aggressive breed -pit bulls, rottwieliers, dobermans--

and as far as saying the kids'll get bit havent' u ever heard about wolves raising children? lol, it sounds crazy, but they have done studies, and the pack will take in a child, and care for it.

It is a rare occasion that any wild animal would take a human child in and raise it as their own.
That would be one very big exception.

Also, they have plenty of outside time to run, and rome, but they sleep inside, and stay inside like dogg. And yes, someone has to be "top Dog" but that is so with any naturally aggressive breed -pit bulls, rottwieliers, dobermans--

You didnt really make that clear in your previous post. :p

I didn't mean to imply that we should all go out and get wolves and keep them in our homes, just that for the right family or person, they can make a wonderful addition to the family.

Didnt say you implied that.

It is my duty to read over every post I make- and those of others that post to my threads. I am not singling you out. ;) Just to make that clear. :)

As it is my duty to make clear what it is like living with woofers.
I loooove sharing my pet stories with other people. Their antics make so many others laugh. All of my animals are "fair game" when it comes to chatting,lol. Loves them all dearly. :wub:

Until you have them- live with them, you really can't say what it is like living with them to a "T". Something, like a snarl or a nip-is normally quite natural to an "owner" and they usually wouldnt tell their friends about the incident.

:D -Jocelyn. :thumbs:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back