What Will Go With Angel Fish?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

CluelessScot

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hi all,

Been alittle busy with some tanks i got for xmas so while im waiting for fish to arrive i thought i would make some changes in my main tank :D Recently had some cory eggs but they didint hatch :(

My questions is, what will go with my 2 angel fish? I currently have 10 neons and 7 Peppered Corys. I would love to get more neons because they look stunning :D But im alittle afraid that the angels will eat them sooner or later? The angel fish are 3" and 2" atm and the neons are all about an inch now. Would cardinal tetras be safe with angels or do i need to rethink some things?

Thanks

Kev

Angels find the color pattern of neons and cardinals very attractive, and will soon want to taste it. Most other tetras are fine though.

Doh. I find there colour pattern very attractive too :( To begin with i wasnt sure with neons, but now they are really stunning :) so tetras are ok with neons... Any suggestions of tetras that like to swim through tall grass and are nice, slow and interesting? My tank is set up with one half empty and the other half FULL of bog wood and in the centre there is about half a foot of tall vallis to divide the two halfs and my neons swim through the grass love to dash through the bogwood and its so ace!! I was just looking for something interesting like that which looks as stunning.

I actually meant with angels other tetras are safe, but the statement works for neons too. As for another fish, why not try glass cats or apistogramma? Or for tetras, head and tail lights, buenos aires, red eyes, or almost any other tetra. A very interesting addition is a shoal of blind cave tetras.

I think im going to look for a group of fish which look good together but dont always stay together... Would glowlites have the same problem as neons?

Get about 2 more angels that are about the same size as the ones you have so a pair can form and then return the other 2 angels and get black widow tetras.

I think u could get cardinal tetras with your angels, cardinals are bigger than neons and i've had good experiences keeping them together.

i have 16 neon tetras in my community tank with 3 angel fish. 2 fully grown and 1 well on its way.

they never even look at my neons..... or any of my tetras and i have about 3 other types.

they didnt grow up with them either. only put em all 2geva about a month ago.

guess i must be lucky.

i have 16 neon tetras in my community tank with 3 angel fish. 2 fully grown and 1 well on its way.

they never even look at my neons..... or any of my tetras and i have about 3 other types.

they didnt grow up with them either. only put em all 2geva about a month ago.

guess i must be lucky.

So they've only been together for a month. I wouldn't call that successful yet ;)

Neon tetras only get about 1" long..and at most 1 1/2". However, cardinals can get up to 2" long, and at that length, the angels probably wouldn't be able to eat them. I've seen many tanks with angels and cardinals in them..but not too many with neons. I think you would be safer not to put the angels with the neons. Better safe than blue and red poop

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back