What Type Of Lighting?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

nikkifro8994

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hello. I have 1 panted tank for my betta fish. It's a 5 gallon tank with 1 amazon sword, 2 gold ribbons?, 1 small Anubis, and 1 small moss ball. It's not by the window so I have to use artificial light. I have a blue bulb in the hood. I use API Leaf Zone as fertilizer. What type of light bulb should I have?
Thanks!
Nikki

The gold ribbon plants are doing fine. Here are some pics of the plants that I have in there.
Anubis
6757846115_d65d6de91f_m.jpg

Moss Ball
6757845475_ddd82abd1c_m.jpg

Amazon Sword
6757844769_708d930a45_m.jpg

I think these are Gold Ribbons
6757844125_da4fe5eff3_m.jpg

The Amazon Sword has had a few dead leaves but other than that the plants are doing great.

The ribbons are non aquatic and will rot and cause an ammonia spike, and can potentially harm your fish if you dont act fast enough. Just because they are surviving right now doesn't mean they wont die in a couple of months

I've had the ribbons for 3 months. They have showed no signs of rotting.

yep FF2 is correct, they tend to rot from the outside in as well, so keep an eye on them/your fish.

as for bulbs, plants adapt to any light given to them, so i wouldn't worry to much about the lighting. :good:

I've had the ribbons for 3 months. They have showed no signs of rotting.

Mate if they are doing fine, leave them in and keep a eye on them. I'm sure you take care of your tank so if they show signs of rotting get them out. Don't let the doom and gloom merchants on here tell you other wise. After all it's your tank.

nice comment Stang. But they are non aquatic plants??

This is just advice you're free to listen to it or not.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back