What The @%$#*&@!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Shelly_Otterkin

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
OK just got done with my water changes. Was cleaning the front glass of my 55gal and saw something small wiggling in one of my plants. :crazy: I reach in and push the plant over and out swims a guppy fry! :S

First: I do not nor ever have had guppys in this tank.
Second: Have not own guppys for 5 years.
Third What the #$%@!

I got a new plant 1 week ago.
I got new fish 1 week ago. They are in a hospital tank.

This little thing is .5" at most. Anything in this tank but the rams can eat it in one bite. (they would need 2)
Any ideas how I could have a guppy? Could it be eggs on the plant? I have no clue. :huh:

I can not belive I said eggs on the plant! :stupid: It looks just like a feeder guppy fry.

BTW The stupid sign was for me not the poster above me.

I can not belive I said eggs on the plant! :stupid: It looks just like a feeder guppy fry.

BTW The stupid sign was for me not the poster above me.

Many LFS often dump livebearer fry in with their plants. My LFS has them, so it wouldn't surprise me if you found a guppy mixed in with the plants, especially if the plant was packed with lots of water and the leaves were fine. What impresses me is that the fish survived that long, (the transport from the LFS, not being completely submerged). Pretty tough little fish, if it is indeed a fish. You going to keep it?

LOL It is a fish. Little fins,gills, the whole works. Its out right now swimming around the plant. If it lives its welcome to stay. Its been in there for a week, if it had anything its in the tank now.
Here is the shocking thing. The plant came home wraped in wet newspaper.and I unwraped the wool from the roots before placing in the tank.

LOL It is a fish. Little fins,gills, the whole works. Its out right now swimming around the plant. If it lives its welcome to stay. Its been in there for a week, if it had anything its in the tank now.
Here is the shocking thing. The plant came home wraped in wet newspaper.and I unwraped the wool from the roots before placing in the tank.

Wow!!! Hardy little fish. How long ago did you buy the plant? :lol:

(Edit: I said, "How long ago did you plant?" LOL I am tired :zz )

You know Sir Minion has got a point there. YOu never know what it is.

Well we will just wait and see. Its long and narrow with a dark spot just above its pelvic fin. Its vary light tan/light muddy brown. Slight flare to its tail fin.
I tryed to net it to get a good pic and it disappered. Smart fish. My rams see the net and they come to see whats up. 9 out of 10 trys I had to remove a ram from my net to try again.:)

i would say its a ram fry that has survived by hiding in the plants :)
i dont think a guppy fry would last tha long out of water without getting hurt :unsure:

I have only had my Rams for 3 weeks and they are just over a inch long. No to mention they do not like each other much.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back