What size pump for easy water changes

Floydian1

Reaction score
Hi guys, just wondering if people have advice on what sized pump I will need to pump water 10 meters or so, to do easy water changes. I have a bad back so I want to pump the water from the tank to the bath drain and back from a bucket in the bath for water changes. I will use a python for cleaning the gravel but not for water changes. Also, I believe I need a magnetic impeller so the motor doesn't burn out if the pump accidentally runs dry, any suggestions on the best pump would be appreciated.

I will use a python for cleaning the gravel but not for water changes.
Welcome to TFF

Filling the tank with the Python would be no more strenuous than using it to empty the tank (gravel vacuum), IMO

Welcome to TFF

Filling the tank with the Python would be no more strenuous than using it to empty the tank (gravel vacuum), IMO
I also have pc monitors next to where the tank is going so want as little messing around with the water as possible. Drop a pump in, turn it on, then off again when finished, just seems like the easiest and safest way. I can just mess around on my pc until the water gets where I want it, then job done. I also forgot to mention I like to conserve energy, or as some say, I'm a lazy git lol.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back