What Should I Do With This?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

rolo0151

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Just bought this tank & whan to make it into a nice shrimp tank or possibly looking at getting some celestial pearl danios

SDC12580_zps81af7234.jpg

SDC12579_zpsd1578ed7.jpg

I want something thats not to difficult to look after.

Tank is a 15L superwave
x2 200lph internal filters
50w heater
Standard LED lighting
ph 7.6

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

PS, Ignore the plastic rock in it at the mo! Came with the tank so put it in to give the fish that came with it a bit of cover.

The plastic rock is working for me but it's up to you! Get neons out of ther ASAP. :)

what should you do with it??

cut down on the filteration

200lph??

are you kidding?...is that a typo?....it must be like a whirlpool

You need to re-home your neons or get them a bigger cycled tank... neons like a lot of room to go back and forth to be happy (they need at least a 2 foot tank, a 3 foot tank if possible).

This tank will make a perfect shrimp tank. I'd suggest not getting any danios either, they would be happier in a much bigger tank as well.

And for a shrimp tank... I'd leave the rock in, they'd love picking at it, and add some live plants around it.

The fish that are in there are getting rehomed. As I said they came with the tank & unfortunately for them they have lived in there for some time. I am well aware of their needs.

As for the filtration I have two very small internal filters that have "200L/H" on each of them. Read into that what you want but it is nothing like a whirl pool. In fact there is a very gentle flow coming from the spray bars so don't have a heart attack worrying about it Mikey!

Everyone else thanks for the advice

I quite like the plastic rock to be honest. Has a lot of potential. Chuck some height in the back with plants, and some very small foreground ones, and that tank will be looking pretty darn good :)

Rolo that looks great!

I would go shrimps, betta or chilli rasbora.

I have celestials and they are very active in my 54 litre.

Wow, that looks fantastic! Love the rock at the back. Look's really neat. 

Thanks guys

I've got some shrimp in there at the moment. They're not doing to good though! Lost a few already.

Will just see how things go. Like the idea of some tiny fish in there, they give a small tank plenty of scale.
Seen some micro rasbora (boraras maculatus) @ the Lfs & loved the look of them.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back