What Plants Should I Get?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

What about rabbit snails? I love those. Been looking out for nerites too.
I never had Rabbit snails. NERITE look awesome, specially red racers, but PRICEY! I have Nerite and...... what's considered pest snails. I like them both and the pest snails work hard. See if your local fish store has Nerite. Cheaper that the internet. Rabbit look cool, but I've never heard people talk about how well they do.

I never had Rabbit snails. NERITE look awesome, specially red racers, but PRICEY! I have Nerite and...... what's considered pest snails. I like them both and the pest snails work hard. See if your local fish store has Nerite. Cheaper that the internet. Rabbit look cool, but I've never heard people talk about how well they do.
I'll keep an eye out in my LFSs. Got MTS in my 170L, which I quite like. Not really wanting them in this tank though, especially since I don't have a lid yet.

Pest snails are usually snails that are incredibly cheap, invasive, and come into your tank via plants.

I'll keep an eye out in my LFSs. Got MTS in my 170L, which I quite like. Not really wanting them in this tank though, especially since I don't have a lid yet.
Does the tank have a black rim? If so, you will be good if you got Nerite snails. I have had my Nerite in lidless tanks for years and never once was she able to escape, due to the black rim.

I like my Vallisneria and amazon sword because they do give the jungle vibe. I also like pogostemon octopus because they grow fast and easy and once they are big enough it will certainly give the jungle vibe. Just keep trimming it to make it grow denser and denser.

My betta tank is the only tank in my house that grows plants very fast even though i didn't so special ferts or light for that tank.

Maybe you could look those plants up and maybe you'd like them :)

I don't have the octopus plants in his tank though, i have it in my other tank.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2021-04-23 at 21.51.44.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-04-23 at 21.51.44.jpeg
    129.2 KB · Views: 36
mystery snails are cool, they can help you garden
BUT they're a pain when you first introduce them, i had them in my 75g and the new blue one hid in such strange places

Pest snails are usually snails that are incredibly cheap, invasive, and come into your tank via plants.

Does the tank have a black rim? If so, you will be good if you got Nerite snails. I have had my Nerite in lidless tanks for years and never once was she able to escape, due to the black rim.
No rim at all, since it's a very standard starter kit tank. We need to make a rim as well lol.
I like my Vallisneria and amazon sword because they do give the jungle vibe. I also like pogostemon octopus because they grow fast and easy and once they are big enough it will certainly give the jungle vibe. Just keep trimming it to make it grow denser and denser.

My betta tank is the only tank in my house that grows plants very fast even though i didn't so special ferts or light for that tank.

Maybe you could look those plants up and maybe you'd like them :)

I don't have the octopus plants in his tank though, i have it in my other tank.
Not a fan of the octopus one really, it looks very messy. I might try it out if I can find them, though. I'll give anything a chance usually.
mystery snails are cool, they can help you garden
BUT they're a pain when you first introduce them, i had them in my 75g and the new blue one hid in such strange places
Can you keep different types of snails together? E.g Nerites, mystery snails, rabbit snails.

No rim at all, since it's a very standard starter kit tank. We need to make a rim as well lol.

Not a fan of the octopus one really, it looks very messy. I might try it out if I can find them, though. I'll give anything a chance usually.

Can you keep different types of snails together? E.g Nerites, mystery snails, rabbit snails.
yes, i have bladder, ramshorn, 1 nerite, 2 mystery,
some snails are not suitable, ex. assasin snails with bladder snails

Yes you can. ?
yes, i have bladder, ramshorn, 1 nerite, 2 mystery,
some snails are not suitable, ex. assasin snails with bladder snails
Nice. If I can find them, then I'll get rabbit snails and nerites maybe.

Just did some major reworking of the tanks, going to the shop tomorrow and if they've got any plants then I'll bring home something nice. They never really have plants though, so my hopes aren't high lol.

Nice. If I can find them, then I'll get rabbit snails and nerites maybe.

Just did some major reworking of the tanks, going to the shop tomorrow and if they've got any plants then I'll bring home something nice. They never really have plants though, so my hopes aren't high lol.
Hope you get some good picks! I would get as many plants (of the species you want) as you can. My LFS has run out of plants due to Covid. :dunno:

that's not good.
Well, they aren’t really a “live plant” LFS anyway, but I occasionally find good picks.

LFS’s are really struggling due to Covid, so I always try to support them and buy from them, instead of online.

Well, they aren’t really a “live plant” LFS anyway, but I occasionally find good picks.

LFS’s are really struggling due to Covid, so I always try to support them and buy from them, instead of online.
yes, thats what i do, the lps is fine cos its a chain store and the lfs is booming with business lol, many nice plants and moss

I might try and get some elodea for free. I'll see if my nan has any left...
that's awesome, free plants is always awesome. i got my nerite snail for free.
wish waterweed was less expensive, i mean come on, its everywhere in the rivers

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back