What makes you special?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW! I've seen different colored eyes in cats but never in a person, awesome! The blue eye looks sort of too blue. Is this for real?
It’s not that blue in real life but the lightning and filter she added made it look much more blue even I was surprised when she sent it to me lol

I lost my gills in the womb and as far as being special goes, it's been downhill since then. I'm not spectacular looking like your photos are, but I'm not part demon, and if you passed me on the street, you wouldn't look unless I was holding a bag of killiefish. I've died and been rescuscitated, but I haven't done that often. No super powers, beyond napping in uncomfortable places, and very few distinguishing features.
That all adds up to me being part demon or something odd. If that doesn't make me something special, then what does?

Hmm, I thought all that added up to being an ordinary Australian. :p

WOW! I've seen different colored eyes in cats but never in a person, awesome! The blue eye looks sort of too blue. Is this for real?
Jane Seymour (the actress) has 2 different coloured eyes. I first noticed it when she was in James Bond. Apparently she sometimes wears coloured contacts to make them both the same colour.

We had a guy at TAFE (technical and further education) who had different coloured eyes. We nicknamed him kelpie.

Kelpie dogs have different coloured eyes when young and they turn brown as the dogs mature.

Australian shepherds (dogs) can have different coloured eyes or the same colour. Normally the black, white & brown dogs have brown eyes, while the blue merle has 2 different coloured eyes (usually 1 blue & 1 brown). Blue merle looks like a long hair blue heeler dog.

I mean the fact that I had an explanation for all that is impressive if I do say so myself XD quite proud of my medical knowledge of random facts rn 💅
I am also impressed

Honestly don’t know what makes me special per say. Lots of my interests are the interesting of many other people.

Probably my most prominent would be my photography. :)

I mean the fact that I had an explanation for all that is impressive if I do say so myself XD quite proud of my medical knowledge of random facts rn 💅
Plan on being a doctor?

Honestly don’t know yet. But maybe 🤔 I would probably work with people with genetic differences/disabilities I suppose hmmmmmmm
You never know! If you like memorizing medical facts, it’s definitely an option to look into. Maybe not a doctor specifically, but definitely something in the medical field. :)

Depending on how old you were when you were hit by the car your bones could’ve still been flexible, or you could have a hyper bone flexibility/durability genetic that allows you to take much more damage on your bones/joints than most people. You could also have a neurological disease or genetic modification where part of your brain is deactivated if you cannot feel the pain that would’ve gone along with getting hit by a car. It also depends on how hard you were hit or where are you were hit. If the doctors/nurses said you should’ve been dead you likely got a genetic test and you should know all of this or at least part of this and you should’ve explain this if you were knowledgeable to this
I was 18 when I got hit by a car. I was coming home from a training ride (hopefully to get into the Olympic tryouts). I was doing about 60kph when a motorist turned in front of me. The cops said she was doing about 30kph. The bike got turned into an L shape and went down the road with the car, and I flew about 30 feet through the air and landed on my head. I had a huge lump on my right forehead. If you get a cricket ball and cut it in half, then stick half to your forehead, that is how big it was. I could see the lump just by looking up. I also had crushed vertebrate and discs in my upper neck, middle back and lower back.

I spent 4 hours at hospital and they put 8 stitches in the top of my head (not where the lump was), got me to read an eye chart, stand up straight, walk around and then sent me home saying I was fine. The next day dad took me back to hospital because I couldn't stand up and kept falling down. Dad was in the air force and contacted his mate who was the doctor at the air force and he was also the head doctor at the hospital. They did a bunch of tests (CAT scans, full body x-rays, etc). Screwed them up and said they needed to do them again. Then said I have crushed vertebrate and to go home and rest.

Before I got hit by the car, I felt pain and I still do. But pain killers no longer work on me. We assume it is due to the brain damage messing something up with my pain receptors. I've lived in pain and have had head aches & dizzy spells ever since. And I can't tolerate bright light, loud noises or strong smells.

Also why are you hunting cats? .-. I have so many questions.
I used to keep birds but cats killed them all so I went nuts and wiped out the cat population in my neighbourhood. Most of the cats belonged to one neighbour who I very politely asked to replace my birds the first few times her cats killed them. She told me to buggar off and refused to do anything about the cats crossing the road and coming into my backyard. This went on for a while and nobody in the council, cops or government would do anything about the cats. I lost tens of thousands of dollars worth of birds to them and at the end she had in excess of 40 cats living in her house. She let them out every night to do their thing. There was cat crap everywhere and the area stank of tom cat pee. That was the start of me hating cats.

When covid started I was unable to get food and there was a cat problem in my area. Everyone put their cats out in the evening to do their thing. The cats would come onto my rental property and spray urine all over the house, car, garden and fences. It fuplie stank and would wake me up at all hours of the night. Imagine 10 or more unsterlised tom cats spraying on your house every night. Not to mention the catfights and noises they made. I literally used to get woken up and hop in my car and drive to the shop at 2 or 3am and sleep in my car because the house stank of cat urine and it burns your eyes and sinuses. My car often stank of it too so I would go down the beach at 2am and sleep there. I lived about 500 meters from the beach.

Again (different council) but the council didn't do anything. They said I could hire a cat trap from them. I said what happens to the cats I catch. The council said we return them to the owners. I said what's the point of that if the owners put them back out to pee all over my stuff.

After about 12 months of this and losing all the frogs and birds from the new place (to cats), and with no food in the stores because of people stock piling due to covid, I decided to solve 2 problems at the same time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back