What makes you special?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have any birth marks, quirks, or disabilityā€™s that they are proud of? Iā€™ll go first
I have Leucism(basically Iā€™m partly albino) and I have Touretteā€™s syndrome. Iā€™m also a triplet(two of us are identical(almost) one is ā€œthe deviantā€ as I call her hehe sibling rivalry) and I guess itā€™s not a disability or birth mark but it makes me a lil different so Iā€™m slapping it in here View attachment 160742

You're strikingly pretty, and the streak in the hair etc only adds to the effect :)

An online friend of mine also has a naturally occurring white streak in her dark hair, and she's one of the most beautiful people I've ever seen, and happens to be super smart and witty along with it. I love her, but am deeply envious on some level, lol. But she's too nice to envy at the same time.

Mind if I ask how old you are? I would have guessed about 15-17 ish?

I have an excellent memory bank in terms of people, places, things and events that hold detail for many years. I have memories from when I was very, very small that are still clear even now. I imagine this is another reason why I dream vividly, of course late night snacks not helping in that. I can recall and recite the medical history of a case I was on even if we haven't seen that pet for years. I can recognize a person I have met, from behind, even if we have only met briefly face to face. Names to faces are a cake walk. Useless trivia and quotes from movies. The name of the movie, when we first saw it, where we sat and who was with us and all that happened that day even if it was ages ago. In terms of art, this means I can sketch something I saw without having it for reference before me with a good degree of accuracy.

This however, does not help my anxiety, because I can clearly visualize events in my life I get to over analyze them whenever I want. Even if the event was decades ago.

Interestingly, my younger brother has Aphantasia.

I have an excellent memory bank in terms of people, places, things and events that hold detail for many years. I have memories from when I was very, very small that are still clear even now. I imagine this is another reason why I dream vividly, of course late night snacks not helping in that. I can recall and recite the medical history of a case I was on even if we haven't seen that pet for years. I can recognize a person I have met, from behind, even if we have only met briefly face to face. Names to faces are a cake walk. Useless trivia and quotes from movies. The name of the movie, when we first saw it, where we sat and who was with us and all that happened that day even if it was ages ago. In terms of art, this means I can sketch something I saw without having it for reference before me with a good degree of accuracy.

This however, does not help my anxiety, because I can clearly visualize events in my life I get to over analyze them whenever I want. Even if the event was decades ago.

Interestingly, my younger brother has Aphantasia.

That sounds both awesome, and potentially terrible at the same time! Pros and cons, for sure. Must have made things like cramming for tests much easier though!

I'm the opposite, known for having a terrible memory, and it really bothers me sometimes.

Also canā€™t blame you for the cats lol
You're strikingly pretty, and the streak in the hair etc only adds to the effect :)

An online friend of mine also has a naturally occurring white streak in her dark hair, and she's one of the most beautiful people I've ever seen, and happens to be super smart and witty along with it. I love her, but am deeply envious on some level, lol. But she's too nice to envy at the same time.

Mind if I ask how old you are? I would have guessed about 15-17 ish?
a lil younger actually Iā€™m 13 :) 14 June 17th

Edited for plagiarism

Last edited by a moderator:
? I'm confused! you mentioned you have a kid in your betta thread?
Technically my cousin but my family to raise him so I have taken over the mother role and I refer to him as my kid as a joke in my family lol guess itā€™s wired in my mind now XD didnā€™t even notice that I said that till now

That sounds both awesome, and potentially terrible at the same time! Pros and cons, for sure. Must have made things like cramming for tests much easier though!

I'm the opposite, known for having a terrible memory, and it really bothers me sometimes.
Oh, definitely good and bad.
I never had to study, it really ticked my class/roommates off through school/college. As long as I paid attention in class or lecture it stuck. I was called freak/weirdo a lot.
The bad is I can remember hurtful things as well. That makes my anxiety spiral out of control. Sometimes it can get so bad I make myself sick to my stomach. There are a lot of things I wish my mind would let go, but it holds on like a bear trap.

I wish I could give you some of mine, then we could even it out for the two of us.ā¤ļø

Just saw this thread...
What makes me special? Hmmm... I'm kinda ordinary lol. I don't have any special talents that I know of yet... I have autism on the lower spectrum and A.D.D... That's "special" šŸ˜‚.

Oh, definitely good and bad.
I never had to study, it really ticked my class/roommates off through school/college. As long as I paid attention in class or lecture it stuck. I was called freak/weirdo a lot.
The bad is I can remember hurtful things as well. That makes my anxiety spiral out of control. Sometimes it can get so bad I make myself sick to my stomach. There are a lot of things I wish my mind would let go, but it holds on like a bear trap.

I wish I could give you some of mine, then we could even it out for the two of us.ā¤ļø

Aaaww that's sweet, thank you! I'd happy make that trade out with you, especially if it helped ease your anxiety. <3
I have depression and PTSD too - sucks, so I get it!

Memory is an odd and fascinating thing. When I studied psychology at university they taught a lot about how memories are laid down and stored in the brain, how they can become inaccurate over time, unreliability of witness testimony because of how easily distorted they are etc... really interesting stuff, which ironically, I wish I could remember more about! ;) :lol:

Without looking to present myself as anything other than an ordinary guy I have a tendancy to be hugely empathetic without actually showing it. I cry inwardly for, for instance the children of Ukraine, and my chest heaves for them.
Being a Geordie, and you have to be English to understand, we have a natural ability to wrap our arms around people to comfort them and make them feel better.
For instance, and this stands out in my mind particularly, I was in Rome along with my wife and her brother and wife and kids. Late at night we were going back to our hotel from the Trevi Fountain. We passed one of the amazing churches with a series of steps leading up to the door. At the top of the steps was a woman just sitting there, sobbing away. Everyone just passed by.
Not this fella. I climbed the steps and asked her what the problem was. She was perhaps mid 30's and had just been dumped by her boyfriend. I sat with her a while and made sure she had somewhere to go for the night, and if there was anything she needed.
She was so grateful that I had approached her.
But hey, what else are Geordies for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back