The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

What language(s) do you speak (besides English)?

• Spanish

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Russian

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • French

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Italian

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • German

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Romanian

• Chinese

• Japanese

• Korean

• Swahili

• Hebrew

• Vietnamese

• Hungarian

• Modern Greek

• Dutch

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Catalan

• Portuguese

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Other

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • I speak only English

Votes: 9 39.1%

• Total voters
MBOU said:

I always wanted to learn Latin though!! To me it seems a far more interesting and useful thing to know. I have no intention of ever going to France or Germany or anywhere that generally speaks those languages.

But you do plan on visiting the Ancient Roman Empire?
blink.png

Why yes!! Of course
biggrin.png

I just like how Latin sounds really!

Especially "Pie Jesu Domine, dona eis requiem" ;)

English, Brazilian Portuguese & Japanese.

I'm a mix of almost every major race but sadly, a very long way to go if i wanna learn the native tongues of my blood ancestry lol.

No arabic?  I am not arabic but I am learning it.  It is a major language!  Like come on no arabic!

MBOU said:
Why yes!! Of course
biggrin.png

I just like how Latin sounds really!

Especially "Pie Jesu Domine, dona eis requiem"
wink.png
The reason they call latin a dead language is because no one knows how to pronounce it or how it sounds.  The process goes like this Think,Learn,Talk.

Misch misch misch
band.gif
 happy guitarists lol mad drummer and singer just realized

Apart from English I can do some basic French and some even more basic Polish.

My wife (again apart from English) can speak French, German, Spanish, and Russian.  She can also understand some Italian and Afrikaans too.

Our kids (2 and 4) can both do sign language (our2 year old can do over 100 words) and have started to speak some Spanish (numbers, colours, basic objects)- thanks to Dora the Explorer!

It's amazing how you only need to know a relatively low amount of words in each language to be able to converse with someone though. 

My native language is French, been speaking english since I'm 9 and started learning Spanish for two years but couldn't practice so lost it! :(

Spanish is harder than English... but nothing compared to Romanian haha :p But Romanian is also prettier!

Just curious.....does anyone speak Finnish? 
I've been trying to learn it but it appears a hard language to learn, I want to learn it as I am hoping to live in Finland on a student exchange for half or maybe even a full year. I'm hoping to go sometime in the next three years.

Try searching on livemocha.com that's where I met my i-BFF and Romanian teacher :D
Good luck! *hugs* I know how tough it can be to do things like that--I'm hoping to study my university in Romania which means I'd be leaving sometime next year and staying for at least 4 or 5 years...if I wanna do the three levels there it will probably be 8 or 9 years... :eek:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back