Betta basics and care

4 is the minimum most say will be ok, i have 4 together and there fine, not a single ripped or nipped fin in sight since they were put together, im sure it is possible that 2 can get along, as these seam to be,

lets not be so harsh with each other there is no need especially new members, none of us are experts thats impossible there will always be anouther person with other fish that may be differant to others.

if your 2 are getting on ok then i see no problem,

Hello all,
I am unable to start a new topic and at a quick glance this seemed to be the most relevant topic for my questions. I have recently purchased an Aqua 40 aquarium (27 litres), a 50 watt superfish heater with protector, 4 silk plants, a plastic ornament (based on the design of tree roots) and a fluval U1. I bought the heater with protector and the silk plants as i read bettas have very delicate fins and wanted to make the tank as safe as possible. I also gave the shop back the filter i got with the tank and purchased the Fluval U1 as it has an adjustable flow and i read Bettas dont like a strong current. Now i think all of this is correct for a betta however if you think something is wrong please say.

With Betta food i have read that 'Ocean Nutrition Atison's Betta Pro' pellet food is meant to be the best. What is the difference between that and the standard 'Ocean Nutrition Atison's Betta' pellet food? I have read what it says on the websites however my plan was to have one staple food (one of these pellet foods) then feed frozen blood worm or frozen brine shrimp once a week. Its says for the betta pro food that it is for getting the colour out for shows etc. Now im not bothered about shows i just want a really healthy betta.

Final thing, I set the tank up yesterday added the 'Stress Safe' water conditioner and shortly after added the 'Stress Zyme' however i have red that the only way to truely cycle a tank is to add fish, so if i check the water readings and they are ok could i add my betta or is it wise to contiune using the 'Stress Zyme' as it states on the packet?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back