What Kind Of Shrimp Is This...

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

I would put in the right amount of water, I was just concerned about surface area.

I feel bad about goldfish now :( I had them before my tropical fish and I wish I had gone straight into keeping tropical fish!

well everyone makes a mistake with goldfish, and i mean evryone one its usallys ones first fish and almosy always dies sadly.

I wonder if some sort of partition in the big pond would work..?

Liv15 said:

I recommend removal of the shrimp and return to the store. Show them the video.
I don't know what to say to them at the store, maybe I should show them a pic of an amano and show how they're different? Then show the video. It's just my mother went and threw out the receipt even though I pay for all my fish and stuff (she seems to have a "thing" about throwing things out
confused.gif
) if they won't take it back, not sure how I'm gonna get rid of this thing?!

There's some pretty go information in this thread and your photo clearly shows the claw is not the same as an amano claw. You didn't get what you paid for so just tell them this one shrimp is a different species and you would like to trade it in for an actual amano. It happens and it's very likely not their fault so you simply show them and say hey, look what I found out!

Good idea, I could take my ipad with me and show them some of the stuff on this thread.

Right, make it less about them and more about the shrimp and perhaps they could even intentionally sell it for a little more money as a marco fish killing shrimp...for those sickos out there. ;)

Explained the situation to the petshop and they said they will refund the shrimp + fish I have lost, no Qs asked. They said they only sell amano shrimps but sometimes other shrimps come in the bag. So basically sounds like they don't care what they are selling most of the time. I better be careful with the fish their replacing for me then, just in case it's a "bad fish" :/.

Good for them for the refund. I don't really blame them for the shrimp being in the lot. They may get in dozens of shrimp and you can see how similar they are to each other.

What a great vedio. Thanks. I have ghost shrimp and it never bothers my baby guppies and Betta. It chases or look for food at the bottom. I lost two since the ick broke out. But I think the medication killed them (2). I will be getting more in a few weeks. I love watching them swimming around, looking, searching and have fun. The other night I put tetra flakes in, the ghost shrimp swam to the top of the water collecting flakes. 
yes.gif

The pet shop refunded the shrimp and replaced the fish :) they said that the shrimp all get bagged up abroad and sometimes other shrimp get in there, so they don't have control over what they get. She said they were gonna sell my shrimp as a shrimp to go in with big fish now (she said it will grow HUGE!). I saw the amanos they had there and they really did look different! I think that shrimp moulted while I had him cuz I found this weird brown waste at the bottom of the tank which I think is a rotted shrimp skin!

If I were them I would keep the shrimp for a year or two to let it grow out and then sell it for three times as much. ;) Glad you were able to get rid of it.

Or sell as many of them as food. We eat macrobrachium here in my country, It is cultivated for food

Oh yes the shrimps do molt. As mine did a few times.(ghost shrimp)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back