What kind of geophagus are these ?

Not sure I agree with the calculator in that respect - adult Geophagus size is so varied due to a number of factors but you can usually assume over 8 inches for Altifrons, they are also very slow growing like it will take 3+ years to get to adult size. I would be quite happy with 4 Geos and 4 EBAs in there but I would say that would be your limit.

Are you getting these Geos because they are there or because you specifically want them? I only say that as Altifrons are the least colourful, and those sold under the name of Surinamensis are usually farmed without the best colours. Tapajo Red Heads, Neambi, Winemilleri are all much more colourful, I personally prefer Satanopercas now as well Daemons in full colour are stunning.

Then it would be fleshing the stocking out with other fish but with your Oscar gone it would mean you have more options.

Wills
Yes and no , your right in saying I only wanted them because iv freed a lot of room up and I saw them but there are some nice ones in there the photo isnā€™t the best , I donā€™t know now , he is saying they look stressed and less colour because they have just come out of a 14day quarantine as heā€™s bought from abroad, I trust him somewhat and he wouldnā€™t sell them me today as it was day 13 so Iā€™d like to believe him but who knows

He is probably right you do get some very nice Altifrons but some of the other species just look better to me and are worth finding rather than just the standard Altifrons.

Wills

He was one mean Oscar, what tank has he gone to. Are they members of this forum, we could track this mean son of a b....
He has gone to a bloke with a serious set up kind of think I donā€™t know him personally but iv saw his set ups and he has multiple tanks to try him in , when I drop the fish off it was going in with a juvenile Jaguar and Midas so Iā€™m thinking itā€™s no longer the big I am but if it starts being bullied he has a tabk to move it into with Jack Dempsey and green terror , at first he wanted to add it to his South American tabk with a small pleco and various other fish so I explained about the silver dollar killing spree lol and now I hope itā€™s doing well but getting a few nips lol

That sounds good from what happened I donā€™t think he is aggressive more predatory so if he is in with other big fish thereā€™s a good chance

That sounds good from what happened I donā€™t think he is aggressive more predatory so if he is in with other big fish thereā€™s a good chance
Yeah he killed anything than ran away , iv watched it back down to a 4inch female electric blue acara obviously sheā€™s still in breeding mode just after having the fry but then ate a 4inch silver dollar because it tried to swim away , honestly think it was just in his nature tht anything that donā€™t fight back is food

Most reactions

Back