Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

What Is Wrong With My Fish?

Discussion in 'Tropical Fish Emergencies' started by Dmbandstef, Mar 29, 2014.

1. Dmbandstef

Dmbandstef Member

My fish have been twitching their heads, rubbing on rocks, and one of my cories ( the only cory showing signs of illness) keeps swimming to the top for air. I have been treating with mardels quICK cure. It treats multiple illnesses but I do not know whats wrong. Please help!

2. fluttermoth

fluttermoth The current Mrs Treguard ;)
    Staff Member Moderator Global Moderator

How often are you seeing them rubbing on things? And how often is the cory going up for air, as that is actually a natural behaviour for them (they get some of their oxygen from a small bubble of air they keep in their gut).

Oh; have you tested the water at all? How big is the tank and is it cycled? Exactly what fish do you have?

3. Dmbandstef

Dmbandstef Member

in my 55 gallon there is 1 blue acara, 1 rainbow shark, 8 black skirt tetras, and 4 green corys. I have only seen 1 cory go up for air and he also rubs on the gravel. My blue acara spends most if his time in his cave, but i see him twitch and rub everytime he is out. The shark only rubs on the gravel but i have not seen him twitch his head. The tetras dont show really any signs of illness. I got the water tested about a week ago and the only problem was low pH but i bought a bottle of ph neutralizer. I think the ph might have something to do with it but not sure.
    oh and the tank is cycled.