What Is Wrong With Betta Hexes?

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its a Dual Betta Hex, not a betta hex. But it has two bettas in it.

Oh well that makes all the difference then :lol:

Seriously though if you are genuine then you really must get at least a 1 gallon tank for each of your bettas and be prepared to do very regular water changes, if your not prepared to do that then I suggest you take them back to the fish shop.

RIGHT guys this is a warning i love ya all but im going to report this thread and if theres anyone who has really offended the Mods then im sorry youll have too take the punishment as is!

:good:
:good: I thought someone had already, I'm surprised it's been going this long :p

Yes, I agree, and am glad that you are considering buying him a 1 gallon. You will see the difference.
If you do not use de-chlorinator, you should really leave the water for 3 days. This gets rid completely of the chlorine, and reduces the chloramine. Cheaper way to do it, but not easier ;)

Yes, I agree, and am glad that you are considering buying him a 1 gallon. You will see the difference.
If you do not use de-chlorinator, you should really leave the water for 3 days. This gets rid completely of the chlorine, and reduces the chloramine. Cheaper way to do it, but not easier ;)

Like I said, I will consider it. But I still feel that those who choose to put them in 5 - 10 Gallon tanks is a little over excessive.

:unsure:
these should have been closed a while back....
:rolleyes:
Only stating my opinion and questions.

I don't understand why it should be closed. All I did was ask a question so I could indulge in the knowledge and experiences of these fine sophisticated fish people. Because there is a little controversy, it has to be closed. Overall its nothing but text, its not like I'm threatening them.

Get him a plastic, 2.5gallon tank. I use one... takes less then 5mins to go a 100% water change. Looks good, too. And very cheap. :good:

egyption camel-why is a 5 to 10 gallon such a bad idea for a betta to live in?? i keep 4 female bettas in a 15 gallon and they are constantly swimming around..i also kept one male betta in a 10 gallon tank..do you think its better to keep a betta in a tiny tank so they are unhappy..or put it in a much larger tank that it can enjoi? your continuously saying what you think is better for *you* rather than the betta? i personally think your being extremely selfish and whatever *you* think is instantly right..never mind what experienced fish keeprs think.

Thank you for quoting me. You are a good man.

Get him a plastic, 2.5gallon tank. I use one... takes less then 5mins to go a 100% water change. Looks good, too. And very cheap. :good:

I really doubt it will be less than 5 minutes to clean the tank because you have to clean the gravel as well. I will consider a big tank for the betta fish though, perhaps 1 - 2 gallons.

egyption camel-why is a 5 to 10 gallon such a bad idea for a betta to live in?? i keep 4 female bettas in a 15 gallon and they are constantly swimming around..i also kept one male betta in a 10 gallon tank..do you think its better to keep a betta in a tiny tank so they are unhappy..or put it in a much larger tank that it can enjoi? your continuously saying what you think is better for *you* rather than the betta? i personally think your being extremely selfish and whatever *you* think is instantly right..never mind what experienced fish keeprs think.

Well doesn't the betta get confused in a 10 gallon tank? Also, its just one fish.

I'm not the selfish one. It is my betta fish! He should enjoy his house (The Betta Hex)

*sniff sniff* do i smell "betta_l0ver".....

*sniff sniff* i think i smell a whole load of ammonia too....

*Sniff Sniff* Your posts are meaningless. Hmm, to quote yourself is very cool though.

*sniff sniff* do i smell "betta_l0ver".....

*sniff sniff* i think i smell a whole load of ammonia too....

*Sniff Sniff* Your posts are meaningless. Hmm, to quote yourself is very cool though.

nope, not quite meaningless... otheres on here will understand what i mean..

oh and "so called ammonia" exists.. just coz you cant see it, dont mean it dont exist.. if it builds up in high levels, you can smell it, it smeels vaugely eggy. but if it got to that point in your hex.. id imagine your fish is already dead.

ammonia is vey harmful to your fish. you can get special stones which absorb or nutralize ammonia, but im a bit suspicious of it to be honnest, dont know why, just not sure of it.

and easy way to change a your water is to simply use a peice of airline tube and syphon off some of the ater and replace with some fresh water you have left to stand over night. and mabey do a big clean out one a week or so...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back