🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Status
Not open for further replies.

Egyption Camel

Reaction score
21DGZDC0NNL._AA200_.jpg

What is wrong with betta hexes? I have the dual betta hex at the moment for two bettas. (Split) Seriously, what is really wrong with it? It provides enough room for betta fish if you ask me cause they don't even swim a lot. My two bettas are very happy at the moment Why? because I feed them food everyday and clean the tank once every 2 weeks.

What do you think is better? A betta who lives in a cup at Wal-Mart or a dual betta hex? I don't understand why they got to be in 5 - 10 gallon tanks (I've read from most of your posts who state that you put them in around 5 - 10 gallon tanks at a average)

It's not the matter of swimming too much, at least fully, but that the ammonia levels will BUILD. You do not clean your tank nearly enough, franky. With that size you should be looking at AT LEAST 75% every other day... that is what is wrong.

21DGZDC0NNL._AA200_.jpg

What is wrong with betta hexes? I have the dual betta hex at the moment for two bettas. (Split) Seriously, what is really wrong with it? It provides enough room for betta fish if you ask me cause they don't even swim a lot. My two bettas are very happy at the moment Why? because I feed them food everyday and clean the tank once every 2 weeks.

What do you think is better? A betta who lives in a cup at Wal-Mart or a dual betta hex? I don't understand why they got to be in 5 - 10 gallon tanks (I've read from most of your posts who state that you put them in around 5 - 10 gallon tanks at a average)

Egyption Camel there isn't really anything bad about betta hexes. I personally prefer them to 10 gallon tanks because of the small space I have at my loft. I currently have 3 bettas and my first one is living in one for now three years.

Okay so the scientific answer is Ammonia Build-up.

Get an ammonia test kit and test your water after a week. Good water quality reads 0 Ammonia.

If you get a reading higher than 0ppm then you are headed for trouble. Ammonia is caused by fish waste so its like making the fish breathe and live in their own waste. Prolonged ammonia exposure causes fin and mouth rot, weakened immune system, and ammonia burn.

Thats what wrong with small tanks. Unless you're willing to clean it everyday, I'd suggest getting something thats at least a gallon per fish.

Please heed our advice, most of us have kept/bred/raised bettas for years and know what we're talking about. I've been keeping fish for 10 years now so I have a bit of wisdom to share.

Get an ammonia test kit and test your water after a week. Good water quality reads 0 Ammonia.

If you get a reading higher than 0ppm then you are headed for trouble. Ammonia is caused by fish waste so its like making the fish breathe and live in their own waste. Prolonged ammonia exposure causes fin and mouth rot, weakened immune system, and ammonia burn.

Thats what wrong with small tanks. Unless you're willing to clean it everyday, I'd suggest getting something thats at least a gallon per fish.

Please heed our advice, most of us have kept/bred/raised bettas for years and know what we're talking about. I've been keeping fish for 10 years now so I have a bit of wisdom to share.

there's no such thing as ammonia buildup my betta fishes don't even poo... at least I never see it come out compared to goldfish. And so far my fishes have not developed any of the following diseases you have stated. The betta hexes, they were built for bettas weren't they? It saids betta hex after all.

there's no such thing as ammonia buildup my betta fishes don't even poo... at least I never see it come out compared to goldfish. And so far my fishes have not developed any of the following diseases you have stated. The betta hexes, they were built for bettas weren't they? It saids betta hex after all.

All animals poop, even earthworms.

If there's no such thing as ammonia buildup then why do petstores sell ammonia test kits?
I mean they are marketed for testing for ammonia buildup in your water.

Plus, I'm starting to think you just came on here to fight and not really for solid advice. If you truly intend to do the best for your fish then I will continue to advise you. Otherwise good night.

All animals poop, even earthworms.

If there's no such thing as ammonia buildup then why do petstores sell ammonia test kits?
I mean they are marketed for testing for ammonia buildup in your water.

Plus, I'm starting to think you just came on here to fight and not really for solid advice. If you truly intend to do the best for your fish then I will continue to advise you. Otherwise good night.

I'm asking a question there is nothing wrong with that.

As for your knowledge of test kits. Yes its true that these kits can really do check for Ammonia but it could also be created just to make profit out of fish people like you. Just like Milk, there's too much fat in it for the calcium to be effective in our bodies.

Betta fish are one of the lowest poo producing fish. However, think about it - human urine is ammonia in a quite undiluted form, and you can't really see fish pee.

Regarding to the fece problems... To reduce the amount of feces that is in the tank just lessen the amount of food that your bettas eat. They don't really need much food for energy as they are cold blooded animals. I only feed my bettas only one pellet a week. It also saves me having to buy more food. :)

Betta fish are one of the lowest poo producing fish. However, think about it - human urine is ammonia in a quite undiluted form, and you can't really see fish pee.

First of all, I don't even know what undiluted means. And if you say that fish poo, I can somewhat believe that. But pee? Yeah right...

Regarding to the fece problems... To reduce the amount of feces that is in the tank just lessen the amount of food that your bettas eat. They don't really need much food for energy as they are cold blodded animals. I only feed my bettas only one pellet a week. It also saves me having to buy more food. :)

One pellet is way too little. I feed mine one pellet a day... But one week... Omg

Anything that consumes water will pee, and you can't honestly say fish don't take in water... Please leave this forum if you won't take/acknowledge advice in a mature way.

As for your knowledge of test kits. Yes its true that these kits can really do check for Ammonia but it could also be created just to make profit out of fish people like you. Just like Milk, there's too much fat in it for the calcium to be effective in our bodies.
I don't get how that's even an argument...of course they are just created to make a profit - as are all products...doesn't make them any less effective ;).

In fact considering the extremely simple proven* concepts that 1) fish produce ammonia and 2) that this ammonia is extremely harmful to them, it's far more likely that the sellers of 'Betta Hexes' have lied to you about how to keep bettas in order to make a sale than it is that test kits are no use.

Asking questions is great, what confuses me is when a new member comes on to a fish forum to ask a question and then is reluctant to accept any advice given.... -_- . If you think you know better than people on here...why bother asking?

Oh, and I'd like to see some sources on your claims about milk, never heard that before :eek: .

*There's thousand upon of papers published that verify these things..it's extremely common knowledge.

Anything that consumes water will pee, and you can't honestly say fish don't take in water... Please leave this forum if you won't take/acknowledge advice in a mature way.

Oh okay so they do pee. I am acknowledging it. I just didn't know they did #2 just like humans. Its odd how people like you just tell me to leave because I'm not part of the "norm" like you guys.

I don't get how that's even an argument...of course they are just created to make a profit - as are all products...doesn't make them any less effective ;).

In fact considering the extremely simple proven* concepts that 1) fish produce ammonia and 2) that this ammonia is extremely harmful to them, it's far more likely that the sellers of 'Betta Hexes' have lied to you about how to keep bettas in order to make a sale than it is that test kits are no use.

Asking questions is great, what confuses me is when a new member comes on to a fish forum to ask a question and then is reluctant to accept any advice given.... -_- . If you think you know better than people on here...why bother asking?

*There's thousand upon of papers published that verify these things..it's extremely common knowledge.

Okay yes if you do research over the internet it explains ammonia. I'm only saying that in my personal experience I haven't see this so called Ammonia. My fish seem okay, they make bubble nests as well as stay floating. And I am accpeting advice, I don't know what you are talking about.

If fish don't pee how do they regulate the salts in their bodies? Dropsy is when a fish retains water, that is why aquarium salt dips only make the problem worse and epson salts will sometimes help. My view on those little hex things are good for one thing to keep the betta in while you do a 100% water change. Think about living in your bathroom you can do it but wouldn't you like to have room to move and a nice place to rest. Yes fish rest my bettas usually find a favorite plant to rest on at night usually near the top of the tank.

If fish don't pee how do they regulate the salts in their bodies? Dropsy is when a fish retains water, that is why aquarium salt dips only make the problem worse and epson salts will sometimes help. My view on those little hex things are good for one thing to keep the betta in while you do a 100% water change. Think about living in your bathroom you can do it but wouldn't you like to have room to move and a nice place to rest. Yes fish rest my bettas usually find a favorite plant to rest on at night usually near the top of the tank.

What is the difference between aquarium salt and epson salts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back