What is This!?

Woodlol

New Member
Tank of the Month 🏆
Joined
May 1, 2022
Messages
34
Reaction score
29
Points
18
Location
Central Texas
I've never seen these before... are they algae? A worm if some kind? They look like tiny green anemones in my planted 30gal. The only occupants atm are 4 oto cats.

I scrubbed them off the sides of the tank my snails are avoiding them like the devil, physically rearing to avoid them...
 

Attachments

  • 20220628_120428.webp
    20220628_120428.webp
    134.9 KB · Views: 197
Freshwater hydra...not good

 
I agree, for sure hydra. Any fry in that tank? If so get them out of there before they get blown up.
 
Hydra, they are green because they have been eating single celled algae. They are harmless to adult fish but eat baby fish. You can kill them with salt (2 heaped tablespoons of rock salt per 20 litres. keep salt in tank for 2 weeks.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top