What is this???

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

You answered about everything I could want except for one thing. With built in filtration is that included in the 20 gallon tank size or would the 20 gallon size just include the actual tank area not including the filtration? Not really sure of modern terms but my guess is that my tank would be considered a nano.
No idea. Can you post pictures of the tank including the filter?

As a general rule if the filter is inside the aquarium, it will be full of water so just measure the aquarium as described above.

Here is a top view of my tank with the filter chambers. All the bubbles are actually from my under gravel filtration.
IMG_2283.JPG

If the filter is full of water, include it in the measurements. If it's not full, leave it out.

The white is excess mucous produced by the fish to cover the injured area. When the injury is healed and water conditions good, the excess mucous washes off and the fish looks normal again.

Fins and tails are needed to move around and they grow back pretty quick. Alternatively, you are looking at the wrong fish :)

If the filter is full of water, include it in the measurements. If it's not full, leave it out.

The white is excess mucous produced by the fish to cover the injured area. When the injury is healed and water conditions good, the excess mucous washes off and the fish looks normal again.

Fins and tails are needed to move around and they grow back pretty quick. Alternatively, you are looking at the wrong fish :)
Not looking at the wrong fish as I fed flakes this evening which brings all the tetras out at the same time. I could barely see that there was ever any damage and I CAN identify the critter as it is the largest.

Hey, who knows... Might be an indication that my tank is pretty healthy. :dunno:

Not looking at the wrong fish as I fed flakes this evening which brings all the tetras out at the same time. I could barely see that there was ever any damage and I CAN identify the critter as it is the largest.

Hey, who knows... Might be an indication that my tank is pretty healthy. :dunno:
Miracle water.

That hints to me that you have dranken it... Why? 🤣
Search borneo peat swamps. That's where my fish come from. They're wildcaught, so I try to mimic their natural habitad as much as possible.

Search borneo peat swamps. That's where my fish come from. They're wildcaught, so I try to mimic their natural habitad as much as possible.
I think that's awesome you mimic their habitat! I try to do the same with my tank but it can be hard

I'm hoping that means that you use rooibos or similar tea to create blackwater conditions, so that's why you're saying it would taste like tea! LOL. Not that you've actually drank the water from the tank ;)

I'm hoping that means that you use rooibos or similar tea to create blackwater conditions, so that's why you're saying it would taste like tea! LOL. Not that you've actually drank the water from the tank ;)

No, not used rooibos, but tons of peat and dried leaves. And...I always accidentally drink water when I try to vacuum the tank, that's why I know how it tastes. LOL 🤣

Most reactions

Back