What Is This....

amyw2008

Fishaholic
Joined
Jul 7, 2009
Messages
531
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Bristol
Tank - apple snails, angel fish, oscars and 2 baby plecs

It looks like eggs but i dont know what from....
They are constantly out of the water on the lid.... just noticed it when I opened the top to feed the fish.

DSC00279.jpg

Its a good 2" long and 1" wide
 
Will they still hatch? Just wondering as they have laid them out of water and they are crusty on the outside
 
Cool :) I think I may have killed one tho as I poked it to see if it was squidgey or crusty and some pink liquid came out of one of the small bubbles....
Oh well... Still atleast another 40-50 there
 
Yep an Apple snail clutch, leave them alone and they will hatch in a few weeks. Once hatched they will make their way back dowm into the water.
 
They are apple snail eggs.

Though it's not '40 or 50'...it's 100-200...

Seriously if I were you I'd just chuck them out. Or at least chuck out 90% of the clutch... Otherwise you will be overun.

Oh by the way @ Henson - Laying the eggs out of water makes perfect sense... Mainly as fish live in water, and fish tend to eat eggs...so yah know.
 
They are apple snail eggs. If they are put into the water, they will drown. Until they hatch the eggs need to stay slightly moist but not wet. After they hatch the young apple snails will return to the water and begin growing.
 
I agree with the above. the angel will definatly anoy them. If it was me i would probably get rid of most of them.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top