The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Kirsty5

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Any ideas?

Just spotted him. Don't want to kill him if he's harmless :no:

He's very much like a caterpillar and has made himself a home out of leaves.

Attachments

• 13112010664.jpg
    13112010664.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 16
  • 13112010668.jpg
    13112010668.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 14
  • 13112010678.jpg
    13112010678.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 19
LMAO! :lol:

Sadly, I now see more...... Looks like they're going to have to go :sad: They'll munch their way through my plants if I'm not careful...... If anyone can let me know they're safe, please do!

I thought he was too, but seeing his other 6 or so friends, and watching them expel little green balls of poo :sick: , well, I now know those little green balls of poo are my plants! :angry:

Still would like to know if anyone knows?

well i can say i have
never seen a water caterpillar
were do you think it came in at
with some plants you got

I have never seen that before.. maybe you've just discovered a new species? ;)

Yup, reckon they came in with some Pogostemon Helferi......... Sad really, don't like killing anything, but that plant looks sorry for itself, and they started on my Cabomba.

Found 9 of the little buggers. Said sorry to all of them, but they are now despatched. I only have a little 35l so it wouldn't have taken them long to decimate the plants.

I have always tried to give hitchikers a chance, but once, when I kept marines, a Eunice worm killed 3 of my fish, one being a gravid Greenbanded Goby, and it had my lovely Emerald crab :sad: I learnt the hard way I suppose, but always try to consider the possibilities of leaving them be, but in this instance, well, I don't think it would have been sensible to allow them to stay.

I have never seen that before.. maybe you've just discovered a new species? ;)

:blink: Oops, well, if they were, they're no longer......Shuffled off their mortal coil and all that :unsure:

i have never seen anything like that...Neale Monks might know what it is. Send him a pm and point him in the direction of this thread.

search for 'nmonks'

Thanks ianho.

I wonder if they were some type of caddisfly?

(Either way, they were sadly munching my plants to death).

Thanks ianho.

I wonder if they were some type of caddisfly?

(Either way, they were sadly munching my plants to death).

its funny i was thinking caddis fly
but its not really a caterpillar
the lave of the cadis

thats a shame they started on the plants they actually looked quite cool. (for a hitchiker)

Looks very cool!
But you done the right decision removing them, maybe they will grow up to be a dinosaur or something :shout:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back