What Is This Piece Of Equipment?

The bits at the side actually sit on the top, and the part with the pins in his put on top of them cos them bits at the side will let the pins go down the distance he needs..

I think he possibly puts plastic on it and pierces the plastic with it, (possibly for tank seperators)

Make sure you post and let us know when you find out ha.

hmmmm, maybe its used for piercing holes in bags?

some people use fish bags to put ceramic media in and stuff instead of using a filter bag, when putting it in the filter [done it at work loads of times]

the 2 things at the side could be used to hold it in place....

The bits at the side actually sit on the top, and the part with the pins in his put on top of them cos them bits at the side will let the pins go down the distance he needs..

I think he possibly puts plastic on it and pierces the plastic with it, (possibly for tank seperators)

This sounds like the best fit answer so far. I just took another closer look at the picture, and the things on the sides actually do wit like you are talking about. The bottom bored had holes for it to sit in on the sides.

This is how i think it looks when its together...

It definitely pierces something, (something that dont need to be accurate) and its rather big and thick watherver it is...

think.png

This is how i think it looks when its together...

It definitely pierces something, (something that dont need to be accurate) and its rather big and thick watherver it is...

think.png

Yes that is how to goes together... I wonder what it pierces, though... I like the idea of piercing tank dividers.

I dont think its tank dividers cos whatever goes in there is wide, tank dividers are only thin..

Is it definitely fish related?

i think its for house hold sponges to pierce holes in so they can be used in a filter and have proper flo through them

Yes, It deffinately has to be thick... Yes, he said that it is useable in the aquarium hobby this is what he stated:

If you look in the gallery you will see pictures of a device of my design that can be used in the aquarium hobby. If you are the first to tell me what it will be used for before the February meeting, you will win a prize. If no one guesses the correct answer, the most original answer will win the prize. The prize will be a container of my own formula cichlid food, or a container of earthworm flakes, or 1 doz of Gail's cookies.

I think i got it.....

I think its for piercing holes in plastic what he attaches java moss to so the moss can grow through....

Thats my final thought lol

but the plastic would have to be really thick

I think that that is the best answer on it so far... But why would he make such a contraption to do that?

I think that that is the best answer on it so far... But why would he make such a contraption to do that?

You could maybe 10 pieces of plastic in that gap, he could do loads of say 6"x 4" peices and sell them with moss on, like they do on ebay..

what forthe java moss

i thin its

1 . to pierce the sponge

but i think now its

to pierce a object like a piece of bogwood for fry or shrimp to hide in for breeding

Most reactions

Back