What is this creature??

katrinel

Reaction score
I just noticed in my tank that there are three of these animals that I have never seen before. They look like fuzzy white balls that are attached to the live rock and then out of the top of them is a fan thing that looks like frilly part of a feather duster or someother type of fan worm. Its just different because its a fuzzy ball. Does anyone know what it is?

Thank you for any help

Hey, how big are the "balls?" Could be a duster/worm or maybe not. Can you get a pic???

I've got the same things in my tank. I'll try and get a picture b/c I was wondering what they were too :p

Here it is. It's really small...

100_0707.jpg

I've got 3-4 of them myself.

Here's what Navarre said when I posted my picture in my nano diary:
First photo is a Seasquirt. A filter feeder and a goody for the tank. Prefers darker areas and often grows inside canister filters

Good to know :thumbs:

Yep, if it looks like the photo above then you have a sea squirt :D

So THAT'S what they are! lol... I have a bunch of those growing in my LR but I figured I wouldn't ask 'cause I've already asked about everything else growing in my tank. :*)

:D

They are great little filters too! help keep the tank clean by filtering detrius in the water columb. You will find over a period of time any cannister filter you have will have hundreds of them growing inside as they like darkness.

Now that I reread the description and see the pic, yeah, that seems like what it is. I have some of these guys around too.

I tend to call anything white that comes out of the rock and isn't obviously a worm a sponge. Too many critters to keep straight!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back