What Is The Weirdest Food You Have Ever Tasted?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

pig snout, wasnt too bad :) , they also offered me pig anus, you can imagine what i said to that. :p

Sorry if anybody likes this style of food... but I am not a fan of any Ethiopian style cuisine and thought it was quite weird. The bread they use as a plate, utensils and a napkin is called injera and tastes like a cold wet sponge.... grossed me right out... Dont like that everything is like pre-pureed either... i mean thats why evolution developed teeth and jaw muscles... so I can chew and enjoy the food....

Heres a link to wiki's info about it.... Wiki

This looks like something wiped out of babies diaper doesnt it?
Alicha_1.jpg

Ox :good:

My latest favorite Weird food is Biltong... Its South African Dried meat similar to Jerky but with a much better flavour.

I've had beef, Kudu and Ostrich, beef being my favorite.

Waz just going to ask if anyone has ever tried biltong..... Kudu has to be very very dry to be at it's best. Ostrich (biltong) a very good second.

I've heard of Scottish Haggis..... anyone tried that before??

Ive eaten live oysters directly "off the rocks" with a little vinegar added.

(& survived my wife's cooking..... )

My latest favorite Weird food is Biltong... Its South African Dried meat similar to Jerky but with a much better flavour.

I've had beef, Kudu and Ostrich, beef being my favorite.

Waz just going to ask if anyone has ever tried biltong..... Kudu has to be very very dry to be at it's best. Ostrich (biltong) a very good second.

I've heard of Scottish Haggis..... anyone tried that before??

Ive eaten live oysters directly "off the rocks" with a little vinegar added.

(& survived my wife's cooking..... )

Biltong is really hard to find over here. The shop I was getting it from have stopped selling it, probably because I was the only person buying it :p I'm looking online to try and get my biltong fix!

I've tried Haggis, its quite hard to describe... Its a bit like a really fat spicy sausage :D Not my favorite food but well worth trying.

I've got some Ostrich steak in the freezer ready for next time I have a BBQ. :good:

Hey!.... you call it BBQ, and we call it a "braai"...... South Africa's National sport.... Braaing....(next to Rugby) Ready for your online biltong order, as long as you pick up the tab for shipping and risk getting through our postal systems (without being opened and eaten).... I can organize posting you some..... if you're serious, E-Mail me your address.

Biltong is really hard to find over here. The shop I was getting it from have stopped selling it, probably because I was the only person buying it :p I'm looking online to try and get my biltong fix!
There are several shops hear in london that sell it, you should be able to find them online i would imagine :)

Thanks for the offer Ludwig, I have found loads of sites selling it over here so i won't need to take you up on it :D

I'm spoiled for choice now, I'm going to spend so much money if i'm not careful!

Thanks for the offer Ludwig, I have found loads of sites selling it over here so i won't need to take you up on it :D

I'm spoiled for choice now, I'm going to spend so much money if i'm not careful!

Have this friend in Luton (UK) who's also hooked on (particularly) ostrich biltong.... send him some every so often.... By the why.... You know why they're called ostriches???........(ever seen one laying one of those gigantic eggs??....

have you heard of BALUT?

yup, you heard me guys - -the worst but "healthy" food ever.
my family is from the Philippines (Batangas City)- so that explains it...
everytime i'm on holiday - -nearly every night - -we always have the luxury
of eating BALUT...

not to mention more weird foods that you can buy on "push bike" on the streets
like: barbequed - chicken Intestines, Pig's Intestines - Chicken Foot.. and stuff.. :lol:

for those of you who don't have a clue on what i'm talking about,
here's mr. Wiki for more info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balut

so far - -i havn't been hospitalise in every duration of my stay there... "YET" hahaha

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back