What Is The Weirdest Food You Have Ever Tasted?

Piranha wrapped in banana tree leaves, sea urchin, guinea pig, roasted roaches, horse steak, gemsbok, wild boar, and buffalo. The piranha was my favorite followed by the guinea pig. Guinea pig tasted like a mix between a very sweet rabbit and chicken. The roaches actually tasted good, I can't really relate the taste to anything though. Gemsbok tasted a lot like venison except a bit gamier. As someone said above, horse really did taste like steak. The sea urchins were unique, but I wasn't particularly fond of them.

Ryan

I have eaten:
-ostrich
-alligator
-horse (uh..didn't know it until after...was labelled as bifteck)
-eel (sushi) and other raw fish (tuna)
-raw beef (steak tartare, yuk)

That's about as daring as I will go
SH

smoked eel, fried locusts, whitebait(whole fish), shark, wild boar, frogs legs, think thats about it for me. all lovely though, i highly reccomend the smoked eel :good:

Anyone here tried dog :p?

Only thing ive tried is little octopussi's like baby's they were really salty and vinegary

Well if certain seafood is considered strange, here are my not so commonly consumed seafood that I have eaten: octopus, yellowfin, bluefin, and albacore tuna, eel, squid, yellowtail, shark fin soup, wahoo, ling cod, calico bass, bonefish, and bonefish. The eel is very good smoked! I usually eat it over rice with nori (dried seaweed) and shoyu (soy sauce). The shark fin soup wasn't exceptionally good, but it was tasty. Octupus is very rubbery and not too flavorful when eaten plain. Squid is similar to octopus but not so rubbery and more fishy.

Oh, I've had raw beef too, in sukiyake, a Japanese stew/soup/noddle dish (I'm Japanese if you haven't figured out already). I don't consider it strange, nor do I consider most of the other foods strange. I guess that's just my culture though!

Ryan

I don't eat much weird food, not really had the opportunity. Though swordfish may qualify, it was nice. I don't know if this is werid, but when I was in holand on a school trip, I got served this soup by my host family. To this day I have no clue what it was. From what I could understand it was a soup made from bulbs that grew underground, it was pale/white. No offense to any dutch but it was the worst thing I have ever tasted, if I described the taste and texture it would be fishy gravy with dog hairs.

I have had raw squids tenticles. :sick:

Oops, misread this one at first :blush:

Have been to a sushi place and tried different types :sick: , needless to say I left very hungry and went to maccies on the way home - Remember, fish are friends, not food!!

My latest favorite Weird food is Biltong... Its South African Dried meat similar to Jerky but with a much better flavour.

I've had beef, Kudu and Ostrich, beef being my favorite.

I ate a live cricket before. Uh... I've had calamari, but that's not too weird. There just aren't enough weird food places around here, or else I'd be eating there. But when I go to the state fair this year... hopefully I can try some of that fried alligator on a stick! Yum!

I love this thread!

I had Ostrich Steak for dinner last night.

They have started selling it in Makro, so Its nice and easy to get. It tasted good and is healthy too, low in fat apparently :good:

Gator is good, I had a Gator burger when I was on holiday in Florida. Like most things it tastes like chicken!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back