Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

What Is The Weirdest Food You Have Ever Tasted?

Discussion in 'Cooking and Recipes Forum' started by tucan, Jan 7, 2008.

1. tucan

tucan Fishaholic

lemon ants, deep fried spiders and ( sorry to gross some of you out ) crispy piranha and catfish soup to name a few. oh how can i forget to mention snake soup and butterfly salad :sick: with the exception of piranha i can say that i will never be temped to try them ever again.

2. tucan

tucan Fishaholic

anyone???

3. Inchworm

Inchworm Li'l Ole Fish Lady

I had a friend who was a hunter. He treated me to some of his pot roasted black bear. :D

Whatever led you to taste those unusual delicacies, tucan? I'm sure there must be an interesting story here. :unsure:

4. tucan

tucan Fishaholic

when ever i travel to anywhere, i have a thing where i have to try out the local "delicacys". the snake soup was in hong kong, butterfly salad, catfish soup and spiders were in s.e. asia. the in the amazon forest - the ants and piranha ( i do highly reconmend the piranha fish).

there are others that i could mention, but my one missed opportunity was the infamous roasted guinea pig i peru - not from the lack of wanting - but i was down with food poisoning at the time :sick: and the thought of anything other than soup turned my stomach.

what does bear taste like anyway?and how was it served? do you get to see the whole bear like you would with a spit roast boar?

5. Duck and Dive

Duck and Dive Member

I have had raw squids tenticles. :sick:

6. the biffster

the biffster Moved On

kangaroo tail steaks ostridge and game pie and loved it all :drool:

7. Piltdownpaul

Piltdownpaul Member

I had some stuff from Mcdonalds once and it beats me how they get to call it edible!!!!!!!! :shout:

8. wodesorel

wodesorel Member

Sea urchin.... I love sushi. Looooove it.... This tasted and felt like flower pollen mixed with cold snot and served in a pretty cucumber.... Ew.....

9. chamberpot

chamberpot Member

Had a great holiday in Penang a few years ago. Went to a seafood restaurant and had the mixed plate which was delicious apart from the strange brown stuff which tasted a bit like liver. It turned out to be sea slug!! I shouldn't have asked.

10. kribensis12

kribensis12 I know where you live

I had Chocolate Cover Ant's. I also had Chocolate Coverd Meal worms, crickets,ect. I also had a sucer with a Scorpian in the middle! Ihighlyh recommend all of them, mmmm tasty.

11. Gazoo

Gazoo Member

I ate Duck Blood Soup (Czarina) and was later told what it was. :-(

If it didn't have so much vinegar in it, I would probably try it again.

12. Danno

Danno Member

I believe those were MSGs. It gets the best of us. Personally a Big Mac here and there is tasty.

Wierdest things I ever had was peanut butter pasta. Tasted really odd. Not a winner in my books.

13. FcF

FcF Member

beef parts (they say) from a mcdo or bk burger.
    i do not know which part tho.

14. Shrimper

Shrimper Member

I am a fan of strange food...

I've eaten most native animals that are sold for food including Rabbit, Hare, Deer (venison), duck, goose, pheasant, pigeon and other game birds plus all the obvious ones (beef, lamb, pork etc). My favorite native meat is probably beef still, Rabbit is my favorite obscure meat.

I've eaten European delicacies like wild boar, goat, horse steak and frogs legs although i've never had snails. Horse was surprisingly tasty. It was like Beef steak with a slightly different flavour. If i hadn't known it was horse i would of assumed it was beef.

As for more exotic meat I've also eaten Crocodile sausages, Springbok steak (South African Deer), Emu steak, Ostrich steak, Kanagroo steak, Aligator burgers, Bison steak and burgers. Emu is awsome, its like turkey with the texture of beef and has very little fat. Very tasty. I wasn't too keen on the Kanagroo, it tasted a bit like liver!

I've found a website that sells exotic meat so in the summer me and my friends are having an exotic meat BBQ probably with Zebra, Wildebeast and Camel. You can see the site here - Osgrow

15. FcF

FcF Member